- February 22, 2021
- Feb. 28, 2021
- Agriculture, Farming Jobs
SNV Netherlands Development Organization in Zimbabwe is recruiting for two (2) incumbents to fill the roles of Project Field Officers in Masvingo / Mwenezi. Duration of contract: One year.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Stakeholder and community orientation and sensitization;
• Mobilize target community to fully participate in all aspects of the project;
• Provide VSL, FaaB, Marketing and Postharvest handling & storage Training to beneficiaries;
• Ensure VSL groups are setup and actively functioning and working;
• Work closely with cluster facilitators to implement VSL activities and to continue monitoring and supporting the groups;
• Identifies and capacitates VSL groups on Income generating activities;
• Provide business development and financial literacy training to VSL clients;
• Responsible for monitoring and evaluation of VSL activities in targeted communities;
• Ensure tracking of VSL group performance through MIS system;
• Facilitate market linkages between farmer groups and commodity buyers;
• Develop and coordinate strong relationships with relevant value chain actors (e.g. Traders, input supply companies, processors, producer marketing groups) with guidance from SNV Project Advisor and Project Coordinator;
• Conducts community capacity building, such as training of committees, Cluster facilitators and market facilitators;
• Prepare monitoring and progress reports, which include updates on key activities/achievements using quantitative data as well as qualitative information;
• Build strong relationships with community leaders, local authorities and beneficiaries; Represent SNV at District level meetings.
Qualifications And Experience
• Diploma/Degree in Agriculture, Agricultural economics, Marketing or Social sciences;
• Experience in NGO work, and working with private sector is an added advantage;
• Applicants must be able to ride a motorcycle and possess a class 3 or 4 driver’s license;
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in initiating and supporting the formation and effective functioning of VSL groups;
• Knowledge and experience in linking farmers to markets;
• Ability to administer adult learning, training, coaching and mentoring skills;
• Good communication skills;
• Computer literacy – including Microsoft word and excel.
How To Apply
Apply online, visit the website below.