Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest education innovation company serving the 700 million families who live on less than $2 USD per day. We strive to provide the highest quality education product to the more than 100,000 students who attend Bridge’s more than 400 nursery and primary schools across emerging markets in Africa and (…
Read more about this company
Property Sales Agents
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
About the Role
You will be responsible for contributing to the achievement of allocated sales targets for the assigned assets or reclaimed materials by proactively and rigorously engaging potential partners in order to close potential sales deals. Success will be dependent upon the individual’s ability to be an out of the box thinker, possessing the uncanny ability to close suitable deals that meet all defined requirements. You should be a strong negotiator, and possess the ability to close the sales agreement all within predefined timelines. You will ensure achievement of sales targets as will be assigned.
Note: This is a commission-only position with a competitive commission structure. The role will be based on Bridge Independent contractor terms. The position will be based in various regions across Kenya as follows; Central, Rift Valley, Eastern, Coast, Northern Kenya, Nyanza and Western regions. While applying please indicate your current or preferred region/county to work in on your CV. Preference will be given to applicants domiciled in the regions/county where the preferred school site is situated.
What You Will Do
- Source for potential clients to buy reclaimed materials or assets allocated.
- Present purchase offers to buyers for consideration.
- Mediate negotiations between buyers and ensure closure of agreement.
- Ensure that all terms on the purchase contracts are met and payment is made.
- Advise clients on prices, market conditions, and related information.
- Accompany clients during visits and inspections of the assets up for sale.
- Promote assets through advertisements and listing services.
- Advising customers on the suitability and value of the assets to be purchased.
- Act as the face of the company and offer exemplary customer service to all clients.
- Maintaining contact with potential clients in the assigned areas to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
What You Should Have
- Strong sales, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and negotiate contract terms.
- Excellent ability to network with a variety of customers.
- Strong work ethic, and a pleasant and trustworthy demeanor.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience selling construction materials is an added advantage.
- Strong skills in using the internet and other available platforms to advertise, scout, negotiate and advise on assets to be sold.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen and reside in the area assigned.
- Flexibility to travel to assigned sites during client visits.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.