- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Job Role Description
Primarily responsible for ensuring proper management of company’s inventory/ stock items.
Maintains and updates the stock records, responsible for conducting regular physical stock counts, perform regular stock reconciliations and overall monitoring of stock transactions.
Functions/Key Expected Results
- Perform daily & monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against system for all categories of inventory and highlight variances.
- Maintain a daily updated and accurate stock balances available at different locations (warehouse and customers)
- Responsible for maintaining accurate stock listings.
- Coordinate with warehouse team to implement and ensure a control system to reduce damage, breakage and inventory obsolescence.
- Support accurate and timely financial reporting through ensuring all stock data is updated correctly.
- Manage the monthly financial close process for all categories of stock.
- Ensure proper records and classification in terms of cost and quantity of all inventory items, Finished Goods, raw materials, spare parts and other consumables.
- Assist in developing and implementing inventory policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and participate in monthly and annual stock counts. Carry out impromptu stock counts during the month.
- Carry out spot checks on stock balances in the warehouse as against the system records to capture any anomalies.
- Reconcile stock deliveries with purchase orders and or agreed contract terms and raise non-conformity reports.
- Ensure that goods received by warehouse are matched with the actual invoices from the suppliers, receive Purchase orders in SAP.
- Ensure that finished goods dispatched to the customers are matched with Inergy installations or changes with the customers.
- Matching of the financial documents (PO, GRN, delivery note/invoice) for approval for payment to be done.
- To maintain records of receipts and issues of items that are going out of the warehouse to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Daily monitoring of cylinder returns from the customers, recording the total weights, tare weights, comparing with Inergy and preparing the same for refilling and managing the refilling process.
- Anchoring safety in the areas the work.
- Any other duty assigned.
Academic Qualifications And Competences
- Degree in Finance, Economics or qualified accountant
- Proficiency in using MS Office suites (i.e., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.).
- Proficiency in the use of operating systems (such as SAP) for Inventory management, budgeting, cost control.
- Active participation in Inventory Audit.
- Flexibility/adaptability, and teamwork.
- Knowledge in Stock reconciliation.
- Person of high integrity and self-discipline
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Should be reliable and pay close attention to details.