Qsst-EACOP- Security Co-ordinator West.
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
08 July 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Security Coordinator participates in all the aspects of Security for the EACOP Project along the Western portion of the Pipeline from the Uganda to Tanzania to BV 62 at the Eastern border of Dodoma Region. This includes all communications and liaison with GSF in these areas. Periodic audits of the EPC PSP providing service to the installations (camps and above ground installation) within this zone, GSF liaison for construction activities and review of security aspects of; accommodation, transportation of personnel (10 000), and transportation of material (500KT). Ensuring that this is all done in compliance with international and national laws (VPSHR, ISPS Code, etc.)
• The Job Holder participate in security of field activities relating to the EACOP project throughout the construction of the Pipeline and throughout if positive, with the Company who own and operate the Midstream project. It includes responsibility over:
• Liaison duties with Government Security Forces during construction phase as the contact point between the project, EPCMc, EPC and their hired PSPs. Daily analysis, report information and actions plan.
• Follow-up of contractors’ and CLO’s daily report: Security checks/audits, planning, security events/incidents database update and initial analysis and daily verbal report upon significant events, and weekly written reports
• Provide Security induction and update the database of employees inducted
• Assess security contractors’ performances on sites or in head offices
• Monitor national and international laws and regulations related to security
• Participate to emergency response and crisis management. – Promote security behaviour within the Project
• Write security procedures, instructions, and security briefings as required
• Security specific
• Liaise with Government Security Forces (GSF) and act as the go between for GSF, Company, EPcmC, EPC and their PSPs
• Keep GSF in each region or district informed of new or expanded activities in their region/district and arrange for any assistance required. Ensure that all GSF personnel called upon for assistance are properly trained in VPSHR
• Monitor local open sources and prepare a weekly report and security analysis
• Participate in Audits of contractor’s security management systems (monthly KPI meetings, biannual audits, and periodic inspections)
• Investigate security incidents and anomalies
• Participate to Security Vulnerability Assessment and Security Risk Assessment as and when required
• Participate to new employee’s background check
• To contribute to the successful implementation of the EACOP Security policies through:
• Effective follow-up of field activities
• Effective communication with information networks
• Effective reporting providing accurate information in a timely manner
• Effective events analysis and follow up of actions plan
• Develop and maintain trust
• Develop and maintain trustful relationship with the Government Security Forces along the route of the pipeline
• Develop and maintain trustful relationship with the local communities along the route of the pipeline
Qualifications & Experience Required
• Higher National Diploma or relevant professional experience.
• Fluent in Swahili and English, both written and spoken.
• Computer literate with all MS Office programs.
• 10 years’ experience (at least 3 y. on sites) in a function involving security and safety supervision in Tanzania in O&G, mining, or construction sectors. International environment experience would be a plus.
• Strong knowledge of Tanzanian security regulations.
• A good knowledge of security standards (VPSHR, ISPS Code, ISO 18788 e.g.) would be a plus.
• Clean police record and driving license.
• Highly self-directed and able to travel to remote areas in Tanzania.
• Honourably discharged from military forces or from a law enforcement service would be highly appreciated.
• Sense of responsibility and dependability
• Good communication and observation skills
• Ability to work within an international project team
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: email@example.com not later than 08th July 2022