Reports to: HOD radiology
duties and responsibilities
• use x-rays, ultrasound, mri and other forms of imaging technology to examine patients
• assess patients and their clinical requirements to work out which radiographic techniques to use
• perform a range of radiographic examinations on patients to produce high-quality images
• manage referrals to ensure patients receive a radiation dose as low as reasonably possible
• help in more complex radiological examinations, working with doctors such as radiologists and surgeons
• provide support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs.
• keep up to date with health and safety guidelines, including ionizing radiation regulations, to
protect yourself and others.
• record the patients’ personal information in the patients register and ensure that the register is well kept.
• take responsibility for radiation safety in your work area, including checking equipment for malfunctions and errors
- diploma in medical imaging from a recognized institution.
- must be certified by radiation protection board.
- at least 2 years’ experience in a busy facility.
- Must be quick on the feet and well organized.
- posses’ good interpersonal skills good interpersonal skills
How to apply
Click here to apply