Railway Inspectors I
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Civil & Government ]
The Land Transport Regulatory Authority (LATRA)
Deadline of this Job:
08 July 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, June 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Railway Inspectors I
Duties And Responsibilities
• To enforce compliance of good conduct and practices of railway service providers,
• To inspect timetables for passenger trains to ensure they are followed accordingly;
• To promote utilization of railway services and inter-modal transport systems,
• To ensure that spillage of oils and fuels at railway depots and workshops are kept at the recommended levels.
• To assess service providers adherence to licensing conditions,
• To inspect railway stations, tracks, level crossings, structures, rolling stock, electrical systems, signaling/telecommunicatiou and operating practices to determine compliance to approved safety plan
• and safety regulations.
• To assist in investigating complaints against railway service providers.
• To participate in field investigations of railway accidents,
• To cany out any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Holder of Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering,
• Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Electromechanical
• Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Signalling & Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent qualification from any recognized institution with at least four (4) years working experience in related field. The candidate should be registered to the relevant professional Board as a graduate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Public Servants should submit applications on applicant’s handwriting indicating the Reference Number (Ref. No.) of the application, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of relevant Certificates, Transcripts, testimonials and names, positions and detailed contacts of three (3) reliable referees.
Application letterand envelop without Ref. No. will not be considered.
Applicants must channel their application letters through their respective employers, failure of which will lead to automatic disqualification.
Applicants should indicate their willingness and commitment to cover the transfer cost as the transfer is considered to be self initiated.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for further procedures.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATION:
Application should be submitted / posted in envelope to the address below not later than Friday, 8th July, 2022 at 1700 Hrs.
Any application received after the due date will not be considered.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following
LATRA HEAD OFFICE,
P O. BOX 3093,
DAR ES SALAAM