- July 20, 2022
- July 24, 2022
- Full Time
- Consultancy, Research Jobs
Deadline: 5pm Sunday 24 July 2022
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Re-Ignite, Innovate, Sustain, and Empower (RISE) project is led by the Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) with funding from USAID under the PEPFAR grant. FHI 360 has a subaward agreement with ZHI, providing technical assistance to the RISE project. ZHI is implementing economic strengthening (ES) interventions under the DREAMS RISE project targeting eligible AGYW in nine project supported districts of operation. The ES intervention is aimed at improving the AGYW’s resilience and strengthening their economic stability to enable them access basic social and economic needs thereby making them economically empowered. FHI 360 supports ZHI’s vision of productively engaging AGYW and caregivers in profitable value chains by providing technical assistance in market assessments, private sector engagement, and ES strategy development. Labour Market Assessment (LMA) activities will build on the recent CRS ZEMOA Validation report, to provide greater detail on profitable niches within viable value chains, and jobs and skills in demand from employers both formal and informal and identify opportunities for entrepreneurial enterprises, differentiated by for potential AGYW or caregivers.
Duties And Responsibilities
Consultancy Summary: FHI 360 conducted data collection for the LMA in 9 districts in Zimbabwe, and is seeking a Data Analysis Consultant/ Report writer to assist with analysis of the collected data and support the development of a final report. The Data analysis consultant will work with FHI 360 to lead training on data analysis software such as NVIVO or Dedoose, and supporting the team in cleaning and analysing the data that was collected by hired enumerators to produce one report with districts findings and recommendations.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualifications and Experience
The consultant should have a bachelor’s degree (Masters level an added advantage) in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or any other related quantitative fields; in development studies, international relations, social sciences, law, economics or a related area. In addition, the consultant should possess the following:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing the data analysis plans for LMA studies for international non-profit organizations or multilateral agencies with preference for studies in Adolescents Girls and Young Women.
• Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and development of value chains.
• Ability to produce high quality work under tight timeframes.
• Ability to work jointly with the FHI 360 and ZHI DREAMS RISE and integrate feedback as required.
• Demonstrated ability to solve practical information management challenges.
• Good data analysis and report writing skills.
• Previous professional experience with international NGOs and/or USAID is an asset.
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
• Language requirement: excellent command of English, particularly written; local languages, such as Shona, Ndebele and Venda, an asset.
How To Apply
How to apply
This is a re-advertisement. No paper applications will be accepted. For more details, interested applicants should send an email to email@example.com for the LMA Data Analysis and Report Writer Consultancy terms of reference (TORs). Please note, the underscore between the words “procure” and “zim” in the email above. During submission, use the title of this consultancy in the subject line, “LMA Data Analysis and Report Writer Consultant – RISE Project”. Application deadline: 24 July 2022.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Please note that FHI 360 does not charge applicants any fee for their applications to be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.