Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Recruiter, Middle East & Africa
Job Number: 1017437
Employment Type: Full time
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Human Resources
Role Type: Individual Contributor
- Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
- As a Recruiter in Middle East and Africa, you will effectively manage candidates through the recruiting process, establish yourself as a talent advisor with stakeholders and be candidate first to deliver a best-in-class hiring experience. You be will be curious, be an innovative problem solver and comfortable with using data to inform, influence and guide. To thrive you will be comfortable operating within a matrix, fast-growing organization and excited that no two-days will be alike.
- You’re joining a team that is collaborative and helps each other win. Beyond the work, we care about the whole-being of each member and know that having fun and getting the work done doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive.
Stakeholder / Client Engagement:
- Interprets client’s business and the industry landscape and/or talent pools to influence the client to adopt optimal staffing solutions.
- Understands factors relevant to the business and hiring managers’ needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and uses this knowledge to develop and implement end-to-end hiring
- plan aligned to the needs of the business group.
- Consults a business area on talent needs and opportunities and pushes for the acceptance of differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
Data Analysis & Hiring Plans:
- Analyzes relevant data and trends to provide insight, and consults with a business, area, or subsidiary to implement a hiring plan that addresses both business demand and talent availability for short-term and near-term needs (2-6 months); reviews and analyzes data and trends to improve staffing performance, and uses insights to support other teams.
- Elicits interest in active and potential candidates by telling the business story, and contributes to the development of new stories; generates awareness through community outreach events and strategic networking. Shares best practices on sourcing, recruiting, and/or closing techniques and stories with their own team; tracks candidate activity and shares with internal stakeholders.
- Coaches the client to represent Microsoft’s unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
- Gathers requirements and develops hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle; owns elements of the candidate experience and prepares candidates for next phases of the process; enhances the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship by proactively identifying factors that may adversely impact the candidate, and sharing with the business to mitigate.
- Uses an understanding of talent markets and complex candidate profiles, as well as growing relationships with new talent pools and communities with future potential, to identify and engage candidates for immediate and future talent needs.
- Develops strategies to generate differentiated talent in emerging roles or highly competitive talent pools to meet long-term business needs (e.g., industry, technical recruiting).
Candidate Assessment & Screening:
- Leverages tools and assessment frameworks from Operations teams and Center of Excellence to assess candidates; may contribute to the creation of assessment materials by identifying relevant competencies and job criteria.
- Executes initial screening and assessing of candidates; qualifies talent pool by assessing relevant factors such as ability to hire, relocation considerations, immigration, and compensation.
Operational Compliance & Excellence:
- Uses subject matter expertise on applying internal and external staffing policies, standards, and/or regulations throughout the entire staffing lifecycle to educate clients, stakeholders, and other staffers on policy, system, and process issues; identifies opportunities to optimize policies, systems, and processes.
- Maintains current documentation on candidates’ qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation); captures relevant data in recruiting platform and leverages data to inform meaningful insights.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 3+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
- OR 5+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online