Metropolitan part of Momentum Metropolitan Life Limited, is an authorised financial service (FSP 44673) and credit provider (NCRCP). With a legacy of over 120 years, Metropolitan has been serving and empowering South African communities with accessible financial solutions through the best and challenging times. As one of the largest financial services co…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Oversee the end to end operational management of the region through effective people and region management in order to foster excellence in client centricity, increased productivity and effectively align operational sales and client services.
- Degree in Business Management or Commerce
- FSB recognised qualification listed or credits pertaining to the date of first appointment in the industry, listed on the most recently published Board notice as published for recognised qualification, to fulfil the duties of a compliant supervisor.
- FAIS Key Individual Regulatory Exam Level 1 (passed)
- FAIS Representative Regulatory Exam Level 5 passed
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport
- 5 years’ sales management experience in a similar role in the life insurance industry
- 4 years’ management experience (preferred)
- Understanding of financial services retail distribution channel business
- Minimum 1 year experience in the rendering of financial services
- Minimum 1 year managerial experience overseeing the rendering of financial advice to fulfil the duties of a compliant key individual and be registered with the FSB
- Ability to speak African languages or multi-lingual (preferred)Understanding of the relevant legislation (General Code of Conduct for Authorised Financial Services Providers and Representatives, Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services (FAIS), Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), Long Term Insurance Act, Treat Customers Fairly (TCF, etc.)
- Business Acumen
- Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for Results
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Motivating and Inspiring Team
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Growing Talent
Responsibilities and work outputs
region sales activities to maximise profitability in line with client centricity principles (Internal Process)
- Implement and manage the operational plans for the region and ensure that is aligned to the overall business strategy.
- Develop, implement and manage a risk management strategy for the region than drives compliance to the relevant legislation.
- Manage the effective and efficient delivery/implementation of all projects impacting on the region.
- Identify entrepreneurial opportunities, trends, threats, and environmental influences related to the region in every interaction and remain passionate, resilient, focused and organised.
- Manage the Regional sales target and interpret emerging trends (competitor, market intelligence etc.) and opportunities within the Branches and Regions to enhance sales activities.
- Ensure a reduction of wastage through the prevention of fraud, resource management and policy claim ratios and the prevention thereof.
- Drive the adherence to high ethical standards and ensure legislative and internal compliance within the region.
- Ensure efficient client service and administration processes are implemented, maintained and managed within the region.
- Manage and monitor activities of Branch Managers through market allocation to ensure that each Branch manager has adequate and appropriate market access opportunities.
- Ensure that segmentation insights, information and toolkits are used by Branch managers to guide staff to identify and reach target segment customers.
- Implement, utilise and oversee the effective utilisation of the Distribution Management Operating System to monitor and manage financial performance.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of sales plans, in collaboration with the Branch Managers, to increase new sales opportunities and penetration levels.
- Monitor and track Branch performance to ensure that Branches meet or exceed agreed productivity, production and quality targets.
- Provide competitor product and activity feedback to segment and product development teams in order to identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Ensure technical product and legislative knowledge and that it is always current in order to advise on the most relevant and innovative branch and client solutions and comply with governance and compliance requirements
- Ensure that Branch Managers optimise sales support zones to appropriately manage poor performance and minimise staff turn-over
- Induct, develop and support Branch Managers to meet and exceed performance and productivity standards in order to enable passionate and confident managers
- Recruit, select and retain high quality Branch Managers by ensuring an optimum mix of talent in each branch category in order to build capability to meet current and future staffing needs in accordance with the manpower plan
- Coach, mentor, supervise and establish Branch managers to meet and exceed performance standards and enable progression in their career path
- Support and guide Branch Managers through the decision making processes by displaying exceptional product knowledge and customer centricity
- Timeously maintain and complete all administrative, client service and reporting duties, including sales and marketing data tracking, feedback and business cases related to the role within the agreed timeframes.
- Drive awareness of compliance and risk throughout the Region to ensure compliance to company policy and legislation.
- Manage the housekeeping and professional image of the Branches throughout the Region to ensure that high standards are maintained.
- Check and approve the relevant documentation to support the sales process in line with business and risk management practices.
- Analyse the profitability within the Region and oversee the formulation and implementation of plans for improvement with the relevant stakeholders.
- Report on the sales performance of the Region.
client centricity within area of responsibility (Client Services)
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders that promote cross delivery practice solutions.
- Contribute to sustaining a competitive edge through external networking and benchmarking and representation on related forums.
- Define fair and innovative client service practices which build rewarding relationships, and allows team to provide exceptional client service.
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to identify changing client needs and make recommendations to align service offering with client needs.
- Manage a client service excellence culture which builds enduring relationships and allows team to provide exceptional client service.
- Manage the introduction of new channels for client interaction in order to improve client services against service expectations.
lead team (People)
- Be a member of and make positive contributions to Professional Bodies and stakeholder groups
- Create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Develop, implement and manage a People Capability plan that ensures that the function has the human resources and skills required to deliver on the strategy for the short-, medium- and long-term.
- Identify, attract, appoint, grow, engage, reward and retain top talent to drive strategic execution.
- Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- Drive a culture that guides and directs best practice, fostering an environment of continuous learning, improvement and cohesiveness.
- Enable a learning and growth culture whereby information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Identify employee growth and development needs and schedule interventions to enable ongoing development, training and personal growth.
- Effectively manage performance within the team in order to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Ensure that employees are effectively recognised and rewarded in line with organisational practice and governance set by the REM committee.
- Encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the team
- Implement strategies to retain staff
- Monitor staff compliance to FAIS qualification requirements to ensure Branch managers take necessary action before the FSB deadlines
budget and implement sound financial controls (Finance)
- Implement and compile budgets to minimise expenditure in alignment with tactical delivery plans.
- Control the budget for area, including the authorisation of expenditures and implementation of financial regulations.
- Manage high risk and problematic financial issues in area of accountability and contribute to the development of policy.
- Implement and manage financial risk methodologies, techniques and systems and use to monitor and report on financial activities.
- Implement and provide feedback on the effectiveness of financial policy, practice and procedures: preventing illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Implement risk management, governance and compliance policies in own practice area, to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Investigate reported wilful acts of non-compliance to organisation policy and practice and report on findings.