Regional People Officer, EMECA
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
An integral member of EMECA Regional Structure, the Regional People Officer (RPO) provides leadership, technical guidance, and support to EMECA Country Programs (CPs) to implement highly effective and strategic HR functions. His/her aim is for CPs to have the talent they need to deliver high-quality programs and consistent, equitable employee experience that enables staff at all levels to contribute their best to CRS’ mission. The RPO will work closely with the CPs HR Managers and regional and CPs leadership to ensure efficient, effective, and locally contextualized delivery of HR services and support in line with CRS Global HR Standards. S/he will provide practical hands-on support in the roll-out and adoption of HR global initiatives and practices across the region and support the professional development of HR staff in the region. S/he will coordinate and provide surge capacity to CPs as feasible to meet their HR needs. S/he will provide technical assistance to leaders to maximize staffing resources and performance, ensure efficiency and consistency of business processes, and contain institutional risk.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Strengthening HR Capacity in the Region
• Work collaboratively with Country Programs, Regional staff and GPR to develop effective capacity building efforts and trainings to CP HR and other staff. Lead delivery of regional HR-related training and capacity building efforts, in-person, utilizing internal and external resources, or using e-learning, as needed.
• Evaluate HR capacity and service delivery for the CPs in the region and work with CPs to develop and implement HR capacity building plans.
• Build strong knowledge of the HR capabilities within the region. Build knowledge, expertise, and capacity of Country Program HR staff through purposeful development planning and coaching.
• Travel to CPs to provide in-person practical hands-on support, technical trainings, capacity surge, and/or management of special projects.
• Collaborate with Country Program Leadership to technically lead, empower and mentor the in-country program HR team, including communicating clear HR functional expectations and support setting performance objectives.
• Upholding Standards, Contextualizing Approaches
• Work with Country Programs and regional leadership and GPR to ensure Global HR initiatives are well-timed, meet Region/Country Program needs/priorities, and are adapted to the local context.
• Support in-country HR staff and management to implement global and in-country specific HR initiatives.
• Liaise with Director Global HR Compliance and Internal Audit team to develop and implement Global HR Standards for monitoring and evaluation to ensure HR systems, policies, processes, and practices meet agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards.
• Provide counsel and practical in-person support as necessary to in-country HR Managers in all areas of employee relations.
• Work closely with management and HR staff to support their efforts in improving work relationships and staff engagement. Liaise with in-country HR staff and CP leadership to support development and implementation of action plans following the CRS Engagement Surveys.
• Providing Strategic HR Guidance, Aligning Priorities
• Serve as a strategic partner and trusted adviser to Country Programs and Regional leadership, stablishing HR needs and priorities that align with the overall agency plans and strategic objectives.
• Collaborate with country program and regional leadership to develop staffing plans, identify gaps and assist in recruitment and orientation as needed.
• Work with country program and regional leadership, hiring managers, HR managers to support local leadership and gender equity efforts.
• Work with management and HR teams to provide analytical reports on HR data, metrics, and trends. Promote data-driven decision-making.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent coaching and delivering individual and group training skills.
• Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who can work seamlessly across countries and cultures required. Good knowledge of local context strongly preferred.
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment laws in the assigned region, employee relations, staff engagement, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, HR Audits, training and development
• Demonstrated success as an HR professional in humanitarian sector, emergency response, conflict zones preferred.
• Demonstrated success in supporting key senior management and building strong, trusted relationships.
• Proven skills in fostering equality in the workplace, with experience in establishing a supportive workplace for women and other under-represented groups and accelerating their professional development in support of the agency global gender strategy.
• Superb interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.
• Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
• Experience with and demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and advise on employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices for various countries.
• Experience in project management and change management (HR projects).
• Basic Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration, Organizational Development, or other relevant field required. Proven track record and experience could be considered in leu of academic certification.
• 10 to 15 years of professional HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in complex and senior leadership role in an international organization or equivalent with strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
• Experience with implementing and supporting diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace
• Proven leadership and experience in managing change and rolling out of new HR policies in complex work environments.
• Additional education may substitute for some experience.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://crs.taleo.net/careersection/ex_crs/jobdetail.ftl?job=220000GL&lang=en&sns_id=link#.Yt852knOSQY.link