We’re focused on ensuring water quality for people around the world by making water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative. In 1933, Dr. Bruno Lange founded his company in Berlin, Germany with a vision of making water analysis simpler. His innovation in water analysis led to breakthroughs in laboratory testing and allo…
Read more about this company
Regional Sales Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 – 10 years
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) creates and executes on a growth strategy for their region, relationship building and channel management to originate and close opportunities. The role is to drive opportunity funnel management, key account planning, negotiation, channel management and team management.
The role is responsible for strategic sales targeting large customer accounts with multiple influencers in their assigned geographic region.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop sales action plans identifying: sales objectives, sales opportunities, major customers, and regional shows to be attended during the following fiscal year
- Manage, coach and develop the existing sales & service associates acting in the assigned region
- Participate in sales activities including customer site visits, telephone contacts, email correspondence, trade seminars and shows, product demonstrations/evaluations, customer seminars and channel management
- Provides specifications and product selection from customers to Quotation team and/or Project Managers
- Lead project activities and contact stakeholders like contractors, consultants and end users
- Follows up on quotations submitted to customers
- Renders technical advice or service on product applications and conducts training and service programs in the operation and maintenance of products
- Cooperate with Hach sales team and other Water Quality Group Operating Companies in identifying key projects benefiting to all in the countries assign
- Identify right market strategy for projects, either through Channel partners, System Integrator or EPC thus protecting the interest of the company
- Manage, coach and develop Hach distribution’s network in in the assigned region
- Set up action plan to drive and expand channel partner ’s reach on the market (by geographies, product lines and sectors): Set KPIs for visits at existing/new customers & product demonstrations, plan for seminars & tradeshows, improve service capabilities through organization of trainings
- Collect forecast on orders and sales through data on monthly basis
- Define along with channel partners, minimum stock for fast moving items – reagents and instruments
- Implement Salesforce Communities/lead method for channel partners and get visibility on their business to improve coaching through active funnel management
- Implement the Authorized Service Partnership with our current channel partner or identifying new partnerships
- Develop strong funnel management skills and proactively manage all commercial activities through Salesforce (opportunities, sales visits, etc.)
- Collect and report information on all competitive activity within the assigned territory
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual targets
- Participate fully in training sessions, meetings, skill building and professional development classes
- Respond to routine enquiries, prioritize service calls and tasks, escalate service calls and provide appropriate response and advice to customers when handling enquiries
- Maintains good will of customers and acts as liaison between customers and company
- Maintains a commitment to teamwork and a positive, supportive attitude to all personnel.
- Actively involved and give feedback for regional strategic planning
- Performs other duties as required
- Observes and complies with all safety regulations and company policies
- The provision of site surveys and process appraisals to assess the suitability of any given instrument for the application in hand.
- To have knowledge of engineering solutions in case the standard offering cannot work within the existing process.
- To identify potential areas for new business by utilizing existing solutions and also target growth potential for process solution development.
- To engage in new product roll outs by training the sales team with regards to its usage and applications.
- To prepare and deliver instrument and application related presentations at specified industry conferences, trade fairs and customer offices.
- To liaise with management to provide detailed forecasts and action plans for the growth of the business.
- Collects and reports information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends and results within the assigned market.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regional Sales Manager reports directly to the General Manager: Water Quality Platform – Sub Saharan Africa.
- Manager of Service
- Regional E&C and Project Manager
- Regional Sales Manager NA and ME
- Product specialist region
- Internal Sales and Marketing Associates
- Field Sales Associates
- Field Service Associates
- Channel Partners
Measures of Performance
- Revenue generation and sales growth for channel partners
- Assessment of the staff training records within the department
- Assessment of the staff and channel partner performance
- Assessment of the Danaher compliance documentation
- Successful integration of new products in the region
- Adherence to the Danaher Core Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in international sales operations and channel partner management.
- In depth knowledge and experience with water treatment and analytical instrumentation
- In-depth knowledge of sales processes and funnel management and channel partner management practices.
- Enthusiasm and dedication to assure successful sales operations.
- Demonstrated vision for change and continuous improvement.
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations.
- Language skills Arabian, English
skills and competencies
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and a driving record, that is acceptable to Danaher
- Knowledge and use of personal computers, and common business software (MS Office)
- Prior use of a CRM tool to manage relationships and opportunities. Use of salesforce.com a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present complex or difficult messages clearly and persuasively