- February 07, 2021
- Feb. 25, 2021
- Full Time
- Nursing Jobs
The Malilangwe Trust wishes to recruit a suitably qualified candidate for t he position of a Registered General Nurse which has become vacant within our organisation.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Maintain the health standards of aII staff at expected levels.,
• Attend to and treat employees and their resident dependants who visit the Estate clinic
• Liaise with the consulting Doctor with regards to patients treatment
• Assist the consulting Doctor with his weekly visits to the Estate clinic
• Carry out thorough case management and disease prevention to ensure that patients have a complete recovery or are referred where necessary.
• Manage the procurement, stock and dispensing of clinic drugs in liaison with the consulting Doctor and The Ministry of Health and Child Welfare.
• Malaria prevention and treatment – ensure prophylaxis are issued to staff and that there is environmental upkeep which acts as malaria prevention e.g. spraying and nets
• Supervision of environmental health and hygiene issues in conjunction with resident Environmental Health Technician and Sustainability Champion.
• Supervise the duties of the clinic staff.
• Carry out regular health inspections to lodges, camps, villages and pickets.
• Provide counselling on HIV and AIDS and encourage voluntary testing.
• Provide counselling for any other physical and menial health issues.
• Assist mothers in need of ante natal and port-natal care.
• Arrange Baby Wellness visits to the Estate with PolyClinic on a monthlybasis.
• Educate Malilangwe residents on HM/AIDE, family planning, malaria and other health risks through information a nd community support groups.
• Maintain up-to-date clinic and health records.
• Monthly report and statistics to Management and MOHCW.
Qualifications And Experience
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Five’O’levels including English and Mathematics.
• Diploma in Nursing.
• Current Registered General Nurse certificate.
• At least five years’ experience as a senior nurse at a registered clinic or hospital.
• Certificate in Forensic Medicine from Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe.
• Computer literacy
• A team player who is able to compliment management efforts.
• A hard worker who is prepared to attend to after hours emergency calls.
• Prepared to live on a wildlife estate in the South Eastern Lowveld.
• Two recent written references with contact details.
The following supporting criteria would be on added advantage:
• Registered certificate of midwifery
• Clean class four (4)drivers licence
How To Apply
Applications together with copies of certificates must be submitted by no later than the 25th of February 2021 to:
The General Manager Human Resources
The Malilangwe Trust
Private Bag 7139, CHREDZI
Ore-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org