MÃ©decins sans frontiÃ¨res (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases.
Read more about this company
Registered Nursing Officer-COVID 19 Activities (Locum)
- Job TypePart Time
- Experience1 year
- LocationHoma Bay
- Job FieldMedical / Healthcare
Objective of the Position: The objective of this position is promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform quick triaging of patient’s and visitors presenting in the triage area and assuming responsibility for ensuring focused attention to patient’s conditions, history of traveling , contact with someone with signs and symptoms of Covid 19.
- Inform the team in case there is a suspected case and provide emergency nursing care if needed.
- Clinical management of patients suspected of Covid 19 in Homa Bay County Referral Hospital and other facilities.
- Offer high quality nursing care services to patient’s admitted in Covid 19 isolation room following approved protocols and procedures:
- Accurate and timely monitoring of vital signs, documentation using tools already in place and prompt reporting of abnormal vitals, appropriate nursing interventions for patient care.
- Following all Covid 19 MOH/MSF SOPs
- Completing concise reports/data collection as required including the compiling of adequate patient reports.
- Offer quality nursing care to Covid19 patients during referrals to treatment facilities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of a diploma in Nursing from an accredited nursing school
- Valid practicing license from the nursing council of Kenya
- Must have 1 year and above working experience in clinical nursing and management experience
- Must have experience managing patients in isolation
- Fluent in English and Swahili,
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented and meticulous in all aspects of work.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Able to work in strenuous condition with minimal supervision
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, please email your CV & motivation letter as a single file by 25th March 2021 under the subject “CASHIER” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. (MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) on msf.or.ke to apply