- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldData Science / Research
The Research and Learning Manager is tasked to deliver research, monitoring and evaluation of FilmAid’s programs on multiple donor funded communications projects in Kenya specifically for Dadaab and Kakuma humanitarian and development operations. The position also requires exemplary research, analytical & interpersonal communication skills to be used in communicating impact and promoting learning within the organization and externally with donors, government and other key stakeholders.
Indicators of Good Performance on the job:
- Annual plans, implementation and monitoring frameworks developed and monitored
- Program Teams observe Program Quality Control measures
- Organization’s objectives and desired impact achieved
- Continuous evaluation for effective project design and improvement
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, project design, monitoring, and evaluation of development activities.
- Experience in developing results frameworks, logical frameworks, or similar tools for project design is required.
- Experience developing and/or using performance management plans or similar tools is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in monitoring and evaluating programs—including indicator development, study design, and data analysis—in multiple sectors.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems; proficiency in using statistical analysis software, such as SPSS and Excel); qualitative data analysis software (such as QSR) will be an asset;
- Expertise and familiarity with cutting-edge M&E methods, designing results frameworks and evaluating development results, including experience in practical implementation of impact evaluations, experimental and quasi-experimental evaluations, particularly in public and private enterprises;
- Experience managing grants or contracts is also highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in applying qualitative/participatory research methods; linking planning to M&E; results based approaches;
- Experienced in rendering M&E results with Social Behavior Change Communication approaches;
- Experience with principles and practice of humanitarian aid and/or development;
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Direct responsibility and accountability for planning management and oversight of CwC outreach, livelihood and media arts programmes and projects and any other research, monitoring and evaluations relating to the Kenya Country office;
- Establishes mechanisms to assure all mandatory M&E requirements are met, the intended results are realized and documented;
- Provides evaluation feedback into policy/project/programme design, including comments on various documents and regularly monitors project’s risk logs;
- Follows up on implementation of evaluation recommendations; ensuring the optimal use of evaluations by providing guidance in preparation of timely management response to all mandatory evaluations and by developing a communication plan;
- Provides support to the Senior Management on the programme of work, including identification of topics, and projects/programme to be evaluated;
- Provides support to internal team and stakeholders on ways and means to improve M&E related components and activities;
- Provides support at the design stage of programmes/projects for setting up a framework with defined indicators to facilitate the evaluation at the later stages;
- Leadership and coordination of evaluation missions for projects, sectoral and thematic evaluations, including desk evaluations/studies on selected sectors/themes;
- Supports the development of project proposals – particularly performance monitoring plans and M&E sections;
- Develop standards for measuring quality of activities implemented;
- Lead in the assessing the quality of programmes on a routine basis;
- Communicate challenges, lessons learned, opportunities and best practice resulting from quality assurance activities;
- Ensures timely submission of good quality programme and M&E reports, including any other reports requiring M&E inputs. The reports should enlighten, inspire and record.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8th January 202, and clearly indicate on the subject line as ‘Grants Officer’ and stating your expected remuneration for this role.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.