Position: Research Officer – Intern (1 post)
Reports to: Project Leader
Work station: Rufiji
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a Research Officer – Intern who will participate in research for the Broad One Health Endectocide-Based Malaria Intervention in Africa (Bohemia). The BOHEMIA program is embedded with two department of Environmental Sciences and Health system sciences. The Intern will participate to work the package under Health systems to prepare SOPs for achieve, supervise records management clerks on labeling, scanning, storing and filling program documents prepare reports and do presentation on achieving.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review SOPs for achieving Bohemia program documents.
- Documents are archived according to standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Ensure the archive cabinets are labeled appropriately for each section of the archive.
- Ensure all ICFs from the field are well received as per ICF collection SOP.
- Ensure ICFs from the field are well sorted, reviewed and verified for correctness and completeness.
- Make all files/folders that are used to store the ICFs are well named/coded.
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of research materials.
- Producing filing reports every week from the database.
- Updating Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training whenever needed.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of science Health System Management or System Information.
- Bachelor of records management.
- Fresh from the University.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to plan and organize office and record management.
- Ability to work successfully in a team.
- Basic skills on research ethics and good clinical practices.
- Numeracy skills – Moderation/facilitation.
- Computer application skills – Communication skills Oral and written – Building rapport/Interpersonal –Time management – Listening skills – Report writing skills.
- Good communication skills Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer application skills – Communication skills– Oral and written – Building rapport/Interpersonal –Time management – Listening skills – Report writing skills.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters through e- mail/ recruitment portal together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – INTERN- BOHEMIA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 March 2021