Resource Centre Intern
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Business Management and Administration , Category: Human Resources ]
Deadline of this Job:
29 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Institute’s Resource Centre (RC) is a knowledge hub that offers a rich selection of informational materials on leadership and sustainable development. Housed in the Institute’s offices in Dodoma and Dar es Salaam, it has a wide range of users, including leaders, researchers, development practitioners, higher learning students and the general public. The Centre plays an essential role in designing and refining programmes under the Executive Education and Research and Policy departments.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
• The successful candidate will support the coordination of activities of the RC in Dodoma, reporting directly to the Knowledge Management Officer.
• This role exposes fresh graduates to knowledge and information tools, as well as administrative and marketing tasks. It involves:
• Cataloguing and classifying of publications through computer software.
• Stock-taking and updating of the RC information materials.
• Assisting users with their queries, such as locating relevant resources in electronic and physical formats.
• Registering new members and updating members’ details in the RC database.
• Engaging the RC members on new literature materials and updates.
• Participating in event exhibitions hosted by the Institute or partners.
• Overseeing the check-out and check-in processes for all RC materials.
Who are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science or related field.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
• Customer service skills.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and internet search tools.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Join our team by submitting an application
via email@example.com , with the subject line “Resource Centre Intern” by July 29, 2022.