Bharti Airtel Limited is an Indian global telecommunications services company based in New Delhi, India. It operates in 18 countries across South Asia, Africa, and the Channel Islands.
Read more about this company
Retail Area Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience4 – 8 years
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Airtel Kenya wishes to recruit for the role of Retail Area Manager. This role reports directly to the Head of Retail and will be responsible for managing Airtel retail shops, kiosks and franchised outlets within a designated region. Within this, the role holder will be expected to champion seamless operations that will drive a positive customer experience, acquisition and ultimately increase in revenue.
Key responsibilities of the role include and are not limited to;
- Achieve sales target for all defined Airtel products & services at all assigned shops
- Implement findings of audits and customer satisfaction surveys
- Ensure customer retention through satisfactory issue resolution of customer walk ins
- Facilitate roll-out of new shops outlets and ensure proper inventory management in all assigned shops
- Cascade any changes in target setting, process or new product launch
- Work with Marketing team to recommend branding and promotion activities within the shops space
- Manage and monitor traction on all shop initiatives to increase footfall with an aim to supersede revenue targets and gain quality acquisitions through conversion of walk-in customers
- Drive operational process standardization, proactively review and propose changes to the existing Airtel processes to improve the overall customer experience.
- Tracking and resolution of systems downtime to ensure uninterrupted service provision at all assigned shops
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of shop staff; oversee Shop managers and respective teams on overall target achievement and ensure all shops staff are fully engaged and effective
- Ensure monthly partner governance meetings and that the staff at Airtel franchise managed shops are fully trained as per given guidelines.
- Bachelor Degree in Business related field
- 4-8 years’ requisite work experience in telecommunication, financial or Consumer service industry
- Good data analysis skills on advanced Excel will be an added advantage
Competencies and behaviour
- Good business acumen with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good leadership and Project management Skills
- Customer centric with good problem solving skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- Flexible with the ability to multi task
- Persistent and goal oriented