Position: Retail Sales Agent
This position is responsible for welcoming retail customers (physical as well as telephone) to the branch, responding to their enquiries, orienting them to the company products and providing information that helps them in making purchasing decisions. The person is responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service while maximizing profitability for the company.
- Welcome the customer to the branch (either physically or over the phone).
- Introduce yourself to the customer.
- Inquire and understand the customer’s needs and requirements.
- Recommend and select the right product to suit the customer’s requirements.
- Explain the product technical features and benefits to the customer; you may also have to demonstrate the use and operation of the product.
- Cross sell other products by highlighting on their benefits in relation to the products being purchased.
- Offer correct value propositions to help them make correct purchasing decisions.
- Liaise with stores and workshop department and ensure that the correct goods and services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Upon completion of the transaction, ensure that accurate documentation is done and payment is collected.
- Develop a rapport with the customer to encourage future business.
- Thank the customer for their patronage giving out contact details.
- Make a follow up with the customer after an appropriate time to find out if they are enjoying the products and services. Communicate their feedback to the Branch Manager and resolve any complaints that they may have.
- Communicate any introduction of new products and services and any special offers to the customer.
- Inform management of customer requirements that are not currently available. For example, taking pictures of the vehicle and the part required.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information at all times.
- Ensure all vehicles that come into our workshops have an inspection checklist before invoicing
- Go through Inspection Checklist with the customers and ensure customers have understand the contents
- Perform any other duties that may be required.
Scope of Work
- Focusing on customer needs and exceeding expectations.
- Presenting & communicating information effectively.
- Persuading and influencing.
- Personable approach to ensure good relationship with customer and colleagues.
- Following instructions and procedures.
- Understand all commercial and technical features of the company’s products and services.
The minimum requirements of this job are:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales and marketing or any business related degree
- At least 1 year experience as a customer service assistant in our organization or at least 2-3 years in a similar position in the automobile or related industry.
- Good knowledge of automobile mechanics.
- Computer literacy.
How to apply