Dorbe-Leit Consulting Limited is a consulting practice providing transformational human resource management based services. We become involved with our clients in their transformation, providing services that are value-adding and measurable in their contribution to our clients’ success. Catapulting your business to success is our purpose.
Read more about this company
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Our client one of the largest alcohol beverage distributors is looking for a competent and hardworking Sales Manager.
Are you an experienced, SALES AND MARKETING MANAGER with experience Sales management, alcohol sales distribution and is capable of managing multiple distributions? If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
As Sales and Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the Sales and Marketing function for all brands in the Company portfolio using available resources. Your experience in prospecting, developing opportunities and closing business deals along with your established network in the industry will enable you to reach your overall revenue goals and achieve a profitable volume of sales at the agreed budget and profit goals.
- Acieve and where possible exceed profitable sales targets.
- Build and maintain good relationships with decision makers within our customer organisations.
- Demonstrate a solid approach to the sales process with creativity and vision.
- Continue to develop your knowledge of the retail market and opportunities for the company.
- A bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of experience in marketing, distribution, and sales of branded products.
- Computer experience (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet).
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communications.
- Ability to multi-task, research and analyze different customer, distribution and retail situations.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by making judgments that are consistent with company values.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively.
- This position requires the candidate to work as part of One Company Team. The Job Holder must therefore demonstrate Teamwork, Excellent Business Acumen and fair Independent Judgment.
- Translate and implement the company’s Sales, Distribution and Marketing Strategy.
- Manage Pricing and Margin Strategies.
- Maximise Numeric Distribution with innovative solutions.
- Maximise the company’s market share for the Brands in our portfolio.
- Ensure we provide second to none customer service to our customers.
- Leadership and Management:
- Maintain effective structures and performance standards across the span of control. Provide direction, set clear vision and targets for the business
- Provide monthly sales reports, monthly expense reports, and any other assigned reports promptly.
- Business Planning
- Setting and allocating of targets to various territories per week, month & annually; Execute the sales volume numbers, trade spending objectives and any other goals.
- Identify and track all industry trends and issues and make recommendations on growth opportunities, stockists changes, segment variations, expedient/appropriate action plan.
- Absorb information from syndicated data, be able to assess market conditions and identify areas of improvement.
- Budget Management
- Understand what the budgetary goals of the company are and work within the allotted scope concerning trade spending when developing sales programs to drive incremental volume or new distribution.
- Must monitor business conditions and be able to keep expenditures in the line up with volumes.
- Assist in managing your budget by SKU and trade spending for all brands.
- Results Tracking & Management:
- Implement route maps in all regions, ensure daily, weekly, monthly analysis is done to ensure these are being followed and corrective actions are taken where necessary.
- Implement journey plans across all regions & ensure optimum routing at all times
- Communications of sales call and results
- Daily, weekly, monthly analysis & review of journey plans, taking corrective action where necessary to ensure optimum routing at all times
- Regular contact with Retailers and Stockists to ensure seamless continuity of efforts.
- Track and report competitor activities.
- Sales and Marketing team Management
- Set SMART objectives for the sales department with specific programs, procedures and standards for achieving them.
- Train the sales team on the unique selling points of our products, budgetary constraints, and effective merchandising.
- Convey with clarity, all company directives, objectives and values.
- Motivate, monitor and work with the sales team in training sessions, market tours, store sets /resets, sales calls and activities.
- Measure and record the actual performance through quarterly appraisals for the team and take corrective measures
- With the assistance of the HR Manager, ensure all sales vacancies are filled within 14 days of being vacant.
- Training and upskilling of the Salesforce, upgrading and developing the skills of the sales force through continuous relevant training.
- Market Tours
- Perform market audits to ascertain our distribution and competitive status- provide monthly reports therefrom.
- Understand what the local selling environments are for our category/products. Recommend and/or participate in-store sets/resets and build a relationship at the store level.
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of company sales programs.
- Sales Presentations
- Develop effective presentations that outline current market conditions, market trends, customer needs and competitor landscapes.
- Utilize data analysis, store audits and any relevant information from customers, distributor reps, store personnel etc. to assist management keep abreast of the marketplace.
- Office Administration
- Provide administrative leadership for Sales, Distribution and Marketing operations and give management a weekly & monthly overview report.
- Any Other Duties – To undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.