Today’s Flowserve is built on a rich and stable history of innovation. Although incorporated as a public company on the New York Stock Exchange in 1997, our heritage dates back to the founding of Simpson & Thompson in 1790 in Great Britain. This pioneering company later became Worthington Simpson Pumps, now part of the Flowserve family of brands. …
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Flowserve Kenya is looking for a flexible Sales Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for direct sales fot pumps, seals, valves and automation for selected accounts principally in East-Africa. There is approximately 60% travel associated with this role. The list of accounts will be defined with the Sales Manager and can change based on business conditions & circumstances. This opportunity will be located in Kenya, Nairobi.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Respect the Flowserve code of conduct;
- Achieve approved booking plan and grow pump, seal, valve and automation business in the assigned territory;
- Attend regular client visits, all over the assigned territory;
- Maintain and build relationships with customers;
- Work together with Commercial Operations, by providing technical and commercial information as well as the strategy required to build tailor made proposals; use challenger approach with customer; and follow-up regularly with customers, in order to maximize our hit-rate;
- Combine technical knowledge and sales skills to serve customers with Flowserve products (pump, mixer & compressor seals, valves and automation), parts, services and solutions;
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers;
- Liaise with Consultants, Engineering/ Project Houses to unearth Capital Projects and have Flowserve products specified upfront;
- In cooperation with the Distribution Team liaise with Distributors, carry out joint customer visits, participate to clarification meetings, deliver product presentations etc., and provide them support as needed;
- Provide support to collect receivables and particularly the bad debts in liaison with finance departments.
What do you need for this job:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Two or more year of experience with pumps, mechanical seals, valves
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (MS office, word, excel, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure in a very fast paced environment
- Language skills. Fluent English. Swahili, Amharic, French and/or Arabic would be a plus.
- Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Team player
- Organized, disciplined and capable of meeting deadlines
- Interpersonal skills . Must have strong interpersonal skills for building relationships with clients and effectively communicating with other members of the sales team.
- Problem-solving skills: Must be able to listen to the customer’s desires and concerns, and then recommend solutions,
- Self-confidence : Should be confident and persuasive when making sales presentations.
- Technical skills : Must have extensive knowledge or be able to quickly learn about technologically sophisticated products and be able to explain their advantages and answer questions.
Successful candidate should expect to work long or irregular hours to meet deadlines, secure deals and attend conference, networking events as well as joint site visits with appointed distributor.
Frequent trips with overnight stay will be required. The percentage of working time spent out of the office can be up to 60/70%.