Music Trainer Job, Latest Jobs In Thika, Teaching Jobs In Kenya 2021,
Do you love teaching a pioneering, creative and integrated curriculum? Are you passionate about inspiring learners to achieve their full potential?
We are looking for experienced Peripatetic music trainers to join our team of passionate educators to take up the responsibilities as trainers in the following instruments/areas:
• Violin/viola – 2 posts
• Cello – 1 post
• Double bass – 1 post
• Flute/oboe – 2 posts
• Clarinet – 1 post
• Saxophone – 1 post
• Trumpet/Cornet – 1 post
• Trombone/Tuba – 1 post
• Voice – 1 post
• Piano – 3 posts
• Guitar – 2 posts
• Dance – 2 posts
• Band & Ensemble Lead – 1 post
• Percussions -1 post
Planning, preparation and deliver content on the instrument being taught.
Planning and preparations of the following curriculum documents.
• Technical exercises
• Scale requirements
• Tutor books
• Aural exercises
• Sight Reading exercises
Delivery of content
• Registers with name, attendance and student’s progress.
• Appropriate resources
• Manuscript books
• Allocated instruments
• Music stands
• Instrument specific accessories (Rosin/Reds/pull through/ Valve oil/Slide oil/fool stools/drum sticks Student’s iPad
To have up-to-date knowledge of, arrange and prepare students for instrumental and school examinations as appropriate in the syllabi offered at The Academy (ABRSM/KCSE/BTEC/MYP/IBDP
3. Reporting at the end of every term
4. Resource management –Tutors must be well versed in information on:
• Instrument purchase (Sites and shops)
• Instrument repair service providers
• Student friendly instrument models (Sturdy, accurate tuning, good quality and reasonably priced)
Tutors ensure students are given performance opportunities on a termly basis as part of their curriculum. This may include individual, sectional, choir/orchestra
Tutors must form and run an ensemble for each instrument section
Tutors will help in the following performances:
• Orchestra/Choir in assemblies, productions and school events
• Bands (Pop/marching/Jazz etc.)
6. Health and safety
• To ensure the general safety and well-being of students, observing appropriate conduct and class management in line with the existing school policy.
• To ensure all premises in which activities take place receive due care (orderly, clean/hygienic and safe.)
7. Professional Development
• To attend INSET training and other relevant meetings at the request of the Head of music.
• To adhere to professional code of conduct at all times, according to the school’s expectation.
8. To keep written records as required by SMS of planning and assessing students at all stages of learning to enable feedback to schools, parents and other agencies.
• Minimum of 3 years teaching experience and a Grade 6 ABRSM qualification or equivalent level of playing on your instrument is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in music is an added advantage.
• Commitment and enthusiasm for music tutor to be able to motivate and inspire students.
• Receptive to new ideas and be able to work as part of a professional team, dedicated to offering high quality music education.
• Reference from one or more practitioners from the music education fraternity.
How to Apply
Send your Application Letter and CV as one document stating your current position,contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Indicating the Title of position and Reference Number on the subject line of your email to email@example.com hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those submitted through Email will be considered. The closing date for the applications is C.O.B Wednesday 20th March, 2021.