Reporting to the Chief Learning Officer/Director, the School Head teacher will be responsible for leadership, supervisory and management of the school at all levels i.e. KS I – KS IV.
He/she will be responsible for driving the school growth initiatives and new markets.
The successful candidate will define the responsibilities and accountability of staff members and oversee and implement reading and learning
- Ensuring the vision of the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all
- Building a strong and cohesive culture that is supported by effective systems and structures
- Lead the development and implementation of teaching approaches, methodologies and schemes of work
- Setting targets and goals for school staff through a participative process
- Providing regular feedback to colleagues in a way that recognizes good practice and supports their progress against professional and performance management objectives
- Conducting annual reviews based on standards of leadership, teaching and learning in specific areas of responsibility.
- Monitoring coverage of the syllabus, quality of teaching and effectiveness of learning outcomes
- Ensuring teachers have all necessary working resources required in undertaking their responsibilities
- Providing leadership in guiding the various co-curricular activities and school-based events
- Working closely with senior school management/Directors to achieve high levels of team spirit and synergy
- Handling behavior development/rectification matters to develop unique, courteous, respectful individuals.
- Maintain high level of discipline in the school for both teachers and pupils
- Building effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders.
- Managing school operations
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of degree in Education or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 10 years relevant working experience in a school set up, 5 years of which should have been in a leadership position as a Head Teacher or Deputy Head Teacher.
- Demonstrate proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, pupil assessment and staff development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents, teachers and learners.
- A self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment.
- The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures with good coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrates ability to think and act critically, creatively and independently
- Pro-active, mature and committed individual who can work with minimum supervision
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Registered with Teacher Service Commission (TSC) or other equivalent foreign organization.
- Professional Development Qualifications in Edexcel/CIE is a must.
How To Apply
Send application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20th February, 2021. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
KISC is an equal opportunity employer.