At KISC family, we endeavour to be the leading lights in the society. We believe in providing education that will make our graduates unique and outstanding in the society. The principle goal of education in our schools is to create men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done; men and women who are creative, inventive and discoverers. We have deliberately designed programmes that will shape the generation in tandem with Vision 2030.
Read more about this company
School Matron / Cateress
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldHospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
The successful candidate will be in charge of housekeeping and ensuring the welfare of the pupils/students in the dormitories is well maintained according to the schools standards
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that there is a clean and pleasant environment in the School throughout which involves line managing and directing cleaners both inside and outside the school
- Be a major source of awareness of student’s behavior and be ready to alert the Administration regarding areas of concern
- Organize and attend some school social events
- Monitor the students’ daily routines (including punctuality, meal attendance, diet etc), and work with the boarding mistress/master to help pupils meet expected school
- Ensure students are correctly turned out and smart when leaving the dormitories
- Assess illnesses and injuries and to refer to the Nurse all medical matters.
- Report and follow up unsatisfactory levels of repair either inside or outside the dormitories
- To be responsible for the care of dormitories facilities, equipment and laundry
Requirements & Qualifications
- Diploma or certificate in Housekeeping and or Counselling or Catering services
- Computer Literate
- Experience in working with students / teenagers will be a definite advantage.
- Must be available to reside in school, work in a busy day/ night schedules, spend the nights at school all through during school term
Method of Application
nterested applicants should log on www.kisc.sc.ke for details on qualifications, duties and responsibilities. Send application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20th February, 2021. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
KISC is an equal opportunity employer.