At Dynamic People Consulting (DPC), we offer a proactive response to the constantly evolving human resource market. Because your organization is unique, we take the time to learn your business, listen to your needs and then offer a strategic approach that is tailor made to suit your needs.
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldNGO/Non-Profit , Security / Intelligence
The Embassy of Sweden in Nairobi represents Sweden in Kenya, Somalia, Seychelles and Comoros. The Embassy also represents Sweden in UNEP and UN-HABITAT. The Embassy represents and advances Swedish policies, interests and values in political and economic relations, development cooperation, trade and investment promotion and cultural and information matters. It provides consular services to Swedish nationals and migration services to non-nationals.
The Embassy seeks to recruit an experienced Security Officer with a deep understanding of threats and risks that a diplomatic mission in Kenya is faced with. The ideal candidate should be a good team player, be discrete with a high level of integrity.
- Liaise and share security-related information and incidents with focal points at other embassies, UN, EU and diplomatic police;
- Ensure quick dissemination of security advisories to staff members and spouses when needed;
- Provide security briefings to staff members and spouses or visitors;
- Conduct training of staff members and spouses to heighten their security awareness, conduct emergency exercises at the embassy;
- Work closely with the Embassy’s security subcontractors;
- Be the main focal point for day to day contacts with the Embassy’s static security provider;
- Manage, supervise and train the security guards at the embassy and residences;
- Supervise and train the drivers in VIP-driving and maintenance, monitor the fleet tracking system and coordinate all transports;
- Manage the Embassy’s fleet of vehicles including being responsible for regular maintenance and insurance matters;
- Conduct regular inspections of security installations;
- Assist in drafting and updating emergency procedures, security instructions and risk and vulnerability assessments;
- Carry out security inspections at posted staff member’s residences;
- Other administration tasks related to security;
- The workplace will mainly be at the Embassy in Nairobi, however occasional duty trips may be required.
The Assistant Security Adviser will be part of the Embassy’s Administrative Section, report to the Head of Administration but liaise closely with the Regional Security Advisor;
Education and experience
- A bachelor level university degree from a recognized institution. Specialized education within security or risk management is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of experience working with security in an international organisation or diplomatic mission organisation.
- Knowledge of threats and risks that a diplomatic mission in Kenya is faced with.
- Experience with performing training session including training of security guards in various procedures and SOP’s is an added advantage
- Knowledge of local languages spoken in Kenya and Kenya’s wide security issues is an added advantage
- Previous work experience with alarms, CCTV, physical security installations etc.
Other essential qualifications
- Fluent written and oral skills in English.
- Ability to take initiatives and have flexibility
- Being an effective team player
- Being discreet, reliable and have a high level of integrity
- Showing punctuality
- Proficiency in basic MS Office programs: Word, Outlook, Excel etc.
Method of Application
Interested individuals are invited to submit a 1-page Letter of Motivation, a CV and a minimum of 3 professional references to email@example.com not later than 17th March 2021.
The email subject should be “SECURITY OFFICER’’
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The terms and conditions for locally employed staff apply. The position is two years with a minimum of 6 months’ probation period.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.