[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Hospitality, and Tourism , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Gibbs Farm Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TITTLE: Senior Accountant, Hospitality
LOCATION: ARUSHA- KARATU
Gibbs Farm, a high end five-star lodge in the Arusha – Karatu area currently has available a live-in position for a Senior Accountant, reporting to the Lodge Controller. We are currently seeking an experienced, and thorough senior accountant to join our renowned operation. In this role, you will demonstrate your management skills and accounting expertise in a variety of personal and corporate accounting practices.
Please only apply by email below with Resume, Qualifications, availability, and a cover letter demonstrating suitability for the position. .
RESPONSIBILITIES, include but are not limited to;
• Responsible to ensure keeping accounting records up to date, verifying bills, vouchers, and other documents as per guidelines.
• Providing information, data and reports as required and taking responsibility for all other related and relevant work related to accounting and financial management.
• Carry out all routine accounting transactions
• Ensure all Accounting entries are verified and posted in the System
• Prepare monthly Bank reconciliations
• Ensure Suppliers invoices are verified and booked
• Assist in preparation of payroll
• Ensure Accounts Payable is accurate and paid as per company policy
• Ensure proper filing of all payment vouchers and invoices.
• Prepare monthly, weekly, and daily reports as per prescribed format.
• Answer all queries raised by senior officers concerning accounts.
• Ensure Withholding Tax are deducted from payments as per the law and guidelines
• Ensure VAT transactions are posted as per guidelines and supporting Tax department in ensuring monthly and annual returns are filed accurately and on time
• Ensure all bills contain the VAT details of supplier/customer as required by law and as per guidelines
• Cash handling functions for the hotel and reconcile all cash dropped at the front desk.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Academic & Professional Qualifications
• A first level degree in Accounting or Finance; Certification as a Chartered Accountant
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is an added advantage
• A minimum of 4 years Accounting experience showing a stable and progressive career path
• Proficiency in QuickBooks Accounting Software
• Currently employed as Senior Accountant/Financial Controlle
• Experience in hospitality, tourism, and reservation systems highly advantageous
• Up to date working knowledge of payroll and tax legislation
• Experience with multi-national companies advantageous
• 3 Referees required from past employers including current/last employer
• Competitive salary
• Live in Position room and board provided, shared single accommodation.
• Medical insurance
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV ALONG WITH A DETAILED COVERING LETTER VIA EMAIL email@example.com
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD REACH THE ABOVE ON OR BEFORE 25TH JANUARY 2021, 18HR00.