Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
Read more about this company
Senior Agile Coach
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldICT / Computer
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Digital Engineering, the Agile Coach is responsible for leading and advocating for organization-wide agile transformation, motivating and energizing the organization through the agile ways of working.
- Drive and support the adoption of an agile mind set, techniques, and culture by all members of the organization.
- Work closely with agile coaches to establish consistent and best-practice agile processes and principles to guide Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Scrum Team members.
- Define agile adoption and metrics, monitor and assess them regularly, and identify areas for improvement.
- Act as a change agent in organization-wide agile transformation and guide the organization through its agile journey and maturity.
- Adapt the organization’s agile principles, practices, standards and ceremonies, according to both best practice and Safaricom digital strategy.
- Mentor and coach all levels of the organization on agile principles, practices, roles, artefacts and ceremonies to maintain consistency of adoption and continuously improve performance.
- Define agile adoption measurements and evaluate and report the performance and adherence of the organization on a regular basis.
- Act as a catalyst to seed emerging practices and knowledge from one squad to another.
- Natural servant leader, with the ability to inspire, coach, and motivate squad members to achieve the business outcome.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and background of agile concepts
- Prior experience coaching teams in agile adoption or as a Scrum Master
- Possess certifications in agile practices e.g. Professional Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Product Owner
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Development or related subject
- Experience in the IT industry and a good understanding of the full software life cycle.