Amani Children’s Home, Centre for Street Children, is seeking two talented, high-performing staff to support all international fundraising and communications efforts for this established and growing nonprofit, which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year.
Amani is committed to reducing the number of children living on the streets in Tanzania by providing a nurturing place for homeless children to heal, grow, and learn. Amani also reunites children with their relatives when possible and equips their families with the tools they need to be self-sustainable. Amani is a community-based nonprofit that supports hundreds of children around Tanzania, and a national leader in promoting children’s rights. .
We’re looking for a Content Creator who will create a steady supply of photo, video and written material for Amani to use for social media, public relations and fundraising purposes. This role will also involve communications with donors and visitors as well as documentation of Amani’s work in the streets and locations we serve.
• Shoot and edit high-quality photos and videos of Amani’s children, youth and programmes, in the city, in family homes and in the streets (including at night).
• Gather and write inspiring stories about the children we serve and any milestone achievements or program updates in Aman
• Write professional press releases about program events and milestones to make Amani better-known in local and international media.
• Maintain these stories, write-ups, photos and videos in an organized digital library.
• Repurpose or develop new stories, write-ups, photos and videos for use in Amani’s blogs, newsletters, emails, social media, reports, proposals and website.
• Send out Thank-You letters and emails twice a month to people who donate.
• Respond to email queries from lower/mid-end Amani supporters.
• Welcome visitors and visiting groups to Amani and provide them a tour of the Children’s Home.
Skills & Qualifications
• Experience in using photo and video editing & design software.
• Experience in managing and creating content for social media, specifically Facebook, Instagram and
• Excellent level of written and spoken English, with storytelling skills being a strong plus.
• An intermediate-level grasp of Swahili is a strong advantage.
Education & Experience:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (preferably in Communications, Journalism, Creative Writing, Public Relations, etc.).
• At least 3 years experience in a (non-profit) communications role.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Communications Officer. The position will remain open until filled.