The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) works around the world to enhance capacity of governments, Regional and District Health Management Teams to improve quality of health services through targeted technical assistance, systems development & strengthening, and institutionalization of quality improvement initiatives. In Tanzania UMB works through its affiliate Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT), a nonprofit organization works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC). MGIT conducts activities in Dar es Salaam, Tanga, Simiyu, Shinyanga, Mwanza, Mara, Kigoma, Kagera, Tanga and Coast.
MGIT receives funding from the United States Government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to provide Targeted Technical Assistance to Local Clinical Partners (LCIP) and Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) for Implementation of Comprehensive HIV Care, Treatment, and Support programs in the United Republic of Tanzania. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Build capacity in aggregate and individual level data analysis and use at all levels of the health system (provider, counicil/district managers, national)
• Review dashboards/data visualizations tools with stakeholders and health informatics team to determine gaps in systems or ability to analyze indicators at various service delivery levels
• Develop dashboards/data visualization tools with stakeholders and health informatics team to fill gaps, including how these can be built into or made interoperable with current HIS (i.e. AfyaEMR, DHIS2, CTC2, CTC3)
• Review data available at community, facility and laboratory level to determine gaps in ability to analyze and use data and needed action items
• Support completion of information and data loop from point of data collection through analysis visualization and summary reports and return for use point of service and feedback and assessment of results
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Masters of Science in Epidemiology, Statistics, Research methods or M&E with 7 years of experience in international health programs, as least 3 of which are with PEPFAR-funded programs and 5 of in statistical data analysis.
• Demonstrated experience managing complex, large-scale databases and data management software.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/31f34c1039de4f60b4cbf24c3bcc4a8c