Nedbank Group Limited is a bank holding company that operates as one of the four largest banking groups in South Africa. The company’s shares have been listed on the JSE Limited since 1969. The group offers a wide range of wholesale and retail banking services through four main business clusters, namely Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking, Nedbank Retai…
Read more about this company
Senior Financial Analyst
- Job TypeFull Time
- LocationNot specified
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
To perform financial analysis on business data in order to leverage and communicate effectively with stakeholders; so as to add value to the business financial management strategy.
- Build research capabilities by collating data from different sources and communicate to all stakeholder.
- Communicate solutions and ideas to stakeholders through meetings; presentations and generating reports.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with all stakeholders at all levels of the organisations.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Create new innovative value by identifying analytical opportunities with Nedbank.
- Identify business problems by analysing data and reports from various sources.
- Understand impact of scenarios or changes on the business by developing analytical tools for internal and external clients.
- Provide meaningful recommendations; explanations and highlights of concerns or anomalies by analysing and interrogating financial information Ensure that financial business analysis is conducted in line with the set standards. Enhance processes; policies and procedures by researching; reviewing current documents and submitting recommendations.
- Ensure compliance by following policies and procedures and data integrity.
- Contribute to intellectual capital development by providing continuous motivation; mentoring; coaching and on the job skills training.
- Manage defined risks in the finance function and risk categories at targeted levels by adhering to internal and external guidelines/policies/ procedures/business rules/ compliance and governance requirements.
- Ensure value is maintained by identifying opportunities and potential risk and addressing them.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
Minimum Experience Level
- 4-6 years’ experience in Financial Services Environment
- Role related tools/systems experience
- Report digitisation experience
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Analytical Degree with Finance and Business knowledge
Type of Exposure
- Built a high-performance culture
- Built and maintained stakeholder relationships
- Client and Relationship Results
- Designed Workforce Planning Solutions
- Developed and Implemented Communications Strategy
- Improved Processes and Culture
- Managed Transformation & Innovation
- Managed Relationships
- Managed Self and Team
- Supported Transformation, Change and continued Improvement
- Managed budget
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Capacity planning
- Change management
- Client service management
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Principles of project management
- Stakeholder management
- Strategic planning
- Talent management
- Business writing skills
- Management information and reporting principles, tools and mechanisms
- Earning Trust
- Decision Making
- Continuous Improvement
- Optimizing Diversity
- Planning and Organizing