Position: Senior Fiscal Analyst
COB 6: 2 POSITIONS
Reporting to the Principal Fiscal Analyst, the position is responsible for analysis of performance of National/County Government budgets, review of withdrawal requests from Public Funds and preparation of statutory and special reports.
- Review and enforce budget ceilings at item level as approved by Parliament
- Review and make recommendations on budget implementation framework
- Review requests for approval for withdrawal from the Consolidated Fund and Equalization Fund and any other public fund which by Act of Parliament requires approval of the Controller of Budget
- Monitor, evaluate, report and make recommendations on appropriate measures to improve National/County budget implementation
- Review National budget planning documents – the Budget Policy Statement, Budget Review Outlook Paper and Debt Management Strategy and advice the Controller of Budget accordingly
- Analyze National/County Governments budgets and prepare periodic and special reports
- Prepare work plans and monitor implementation
- Review formats of requisition and approvals of withdrawals and advice management
- Prepare annual and special reports that provide information on implementation of budgetary allocation for various MDAs
- Monitor expenditure for National/County Government on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with provisions of the law
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Principal Fiscal Analyst from time to time.
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA)(K), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or its equivalent
- Possession of a Masters Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body e.g. Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant work experience from a reputable organization
How to apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, home county, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget
Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue.
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
so as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 16th February, 2021 AT 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.