Senior Human Resource Manager
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Human Resources ]
International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Similar Jobs in Tanzania
Learn more about International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req24125
Job Title: Senior Human Resource Manager
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future.
IRC has been present in Tanzania since 1993 and initially focused its response on meeting the needs of refugees from Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Since the initial influx, IRC Tanzania has continued to tirelessly serve the needs of both refugees and host communities. In 2020, IRC Tanzania reached 250,000 people across three refugee camps and within the broader population. Our work focuses across Protection (including GBV, Women’s Empowerment, Child Protection and Protection and Rule of Law), Education and Health (including mental health and sexual reproductive health).
IRC in Tanzania is funded by a range of high profile institutional and voluntary donors, including governments, international organizations, corporations, and foundations.
The Senior Human Resource Manager supports the IRC Tanzania country program to achieve high quality programming and service delivery.
• Responsible for Kigoma region implementation of IRC Strategic Action Plan 100 with specific concentration on HR commitments as set by the Senior Management Team under guidance of HRC.
• Lead HR global priorities and Country Program priorities implementation across Kigoma Region and ensure efficient HR functions across field sites(Kigoma, Kasulu, Makere, Nyarugusu Camp, Kibondp,. and Nduta Camp
• Responsible to lead field talent acquisition process for staff in Kigoma region, attraction, hiring, onboarding and retention with specific focus on gender equality and GEDI as a whole.
• Responsible for ensuring the consistent and efficient implementation of global practices; including compliance issues, HR policies and procedures and best practices across the field sites in Kigoma.
• Responsible for the HR functions, ensures effective and transparent human resources management and quality services to employees including timely responding to staff related issues .
• Field level coordination of the affairs related to retention, staff performance management, training, staff welfare; provide technical support to the HR teams in the fields and camp level HR assistants.
• Responsible for field level HR data including Workday process, employee records, payroll system for national staff and coordinate incentive staff payroll and all other issues related to these functions.
Talent acquisition, Rétention, Learning and development
• Responsible to lead field talent acquisition process for national staff in Kigoma region, support program managers to develop job description,RRF, advertising, lead on long listing and support managers on short listing,
• Oversee recruitment of incentive staff in collaboration with Program Managers in all field sites.
• Lead and ensure all sectors comply with recruitment related procedures and documentation including interview reports, reference check, ATC check, medical examination, police check, academic check, and professional registration.
• Under guidance of HRC, support managers on selection of staff and placement to different sites.
• Lead implementation of onboarding program as per procedures set for all new hire in Kigoma region including information on benefits, policies and regulations, compliance and use HR related forms
• Under supervision of HRC, lead field site development of Training Needs Assessments, Training Plan and implementation including global initiatives and local efforts. Prepare and submit training tracking sheet on monthly basis.
• Support staff across all sites to benefit from IRC learning efforts including Compass, building basics, global/regional training and coordinate dissemination of knowledge gained to other staff as relevant.
• Lead and support staff on career plan development and implementation, optimal utilization of internal learning options including IRC learning portal.
• Support supervisors and employees in their development and career plans design and implementation and inclusion of program and operations plans to national training plan.
• Ensure staff understands their benefits package; support on salary and benefits survey to ensure attractive package and to retain well performing staff. Actively participate on the salary review process by providing sufficient information to the HR lead in sites.
• Lead Kigoma region staff on compliance issues and coordinate training/dissemination of IRC Way: Child protection, Anti Sexual Harassment (ASH), Workplace harassment, SEA and reporting channels.
• Ensure all Kigoma region staff have signed and accepted compliance to IRC Way including Child Protection and Conflict of interest
• Coordinate Kigoma region dissemination of information on labor laws, HR policies and related benefits including health insurance, life insurance and terminal benefits.
• Ensure compliance to exit process across all field sites and other WD processes as part of exit process.
• Advising managers on National Staff Personnel Policies, including staff discipline, and ensure proper implementation in all field sites
• Ensure that all compulsory trainings are completed by all staff as appropriate as possible.
Staff welfare duties
• Support the HRC to develop Employee Engagement Action Plan and implementation across all sites. Work with Women@work lead on needs identification and monitoring action plans implementation.
• Work with Social Welfare lead of each site for planning staff welfare and staff needs for improving employee engagement and for sound duty of care.
• Support supply chain in review of standards at field staff compound and make recommendations for improvement for compliance to duty of care.
• Facilitate monthly staff meetings and coordinate reporting of the same and tracking deliberations and action points from both the management and staff.
• b. Manage employee relations in all sites, maintain discipline in accordance with the IRC’s policy and labor law
• c. Maintain harmonious relationship through collaborating with the managers and support program managers in managing their teams as well as incentive staff.
Monitoring and Reporting
• Responsible for Kigoma region HR reports, analyzing reports for necessary action. Coordinate production of Kigoma region HR report monthly and work on HR Strategic Metrics Report.
• Monitoring salaries and wages structure: to make sure are in line with approved IRC salary scale and changes that are associated with.
• Assist the Field Coordinator Kigoma to carry out local compensation surveys to ensure correct information to the HR Coordinator/SMT for correct decisions for retaining and attracting staff within the IRC
• Responsible for the management and use of Workday at the field site; IRC’s global HRIS System, ensuring that data is regularly updated into the system, produce monthly reports and liaise with IRC HR lead/Benefits analyst for technical support whenever there are issues with the system.
• Prepare and share periodic reports on all HR business and share with Field Co and HRC including monthly HR Kigoma reports, Quarterly Leave accrual report, PME records including probation review status, confirmation of new hire, contract status and priority metrics reports
• Develop and update a recruitment tracker for Kigoma region and share with HRC, TCs and operations coordinators. Submit monthly recruitment tracker by consolidating Kigoma, Kibondo and Kasulu status
• Lead and ensure accurate and up to date HR records including personnel files and ensure proper filing system with relevant documents taking into consideration of confidentiality of staff data.
• Ensure Workday is updated by leading intitialisation of WD actions for HR partner approval
• Monitor records of expatriate like work permits, visa and resident permit and liaise with Dar for renewal. Spot check all PFs on quarterly basis and produce reports and follow up implementation of action points to improve status.
• Work closely with HR Officer/ Payroll administrator on payroll revision as per the payroll Sop
• Work closely with HRC and the Ethics and Compliance Senior Manager on staff cases (National and Incentives) – both ECU cases and HR Employee s’ relation case
• And as part of capacity building and exposure ,prepare the first drafts of the HR Monthly Metric reports and MMR and submit to HRC for review and submission
• Work closely with HRC on the HR Projects specifically thoses that are in the PoA for the Staff Engagement Survey and others
Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or Social Sciences, Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage. With at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in human resources in similar position and previous experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting(especially in humanitarian settings) and be able to work under pressure.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; Strong computer skills especially MS Word, Excel and outlook/email system. Knowledge of HR information system and payroll system is added advantage. Good time management, flexible and ability to multi-task works collaboratively with team members including people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds. With good command of English and Kiswahili.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/24125?c=rescue