VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) formerly known as SEDA is a fast growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank (MFB), has a loan book of TZs. 17 billion and 30,000 customer base, more that 5,000 of them being small holder farmers. VFT-MFB is seeking to employ a dynamic and committed Tanzanian young men & women who have passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below; .
Senior Internal Auditor
Work reference no. 002
Position: Senior Internal Auditor
Reporting to: Head of Internal Audit and Investigation
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Support the Head of Internal Audit and Investigation in overseeing internal operating controls, processes and practices, managing a team of auditors and reviewing their works and provide guidance. Work hand in hand with the Head of Internal Audit and Investigation in validating investigations on advisory engagements, and ensure compliance with Auditing standards.
• Participate in developing and preparing the annual audit plans, outlines the activities undertaken by the Internal Audit department during the year.
• Perform audit of the MFI assets to ascertain that they are properly recorded and safeguarded from theft, fraud, and misappropriation and as well as to perform audits of the MFI’s liabilities and ascertain that they are accurate and genuine.
• Review and advise degree of compliance of MFI business to its internal policy and procedures as well asVFI policies.
• Review, appraise and advise accordingly the soundness, adequacy and efficiency of accounting, financial, business operations, MIS, HR and other internal controls and detect irregularities and illegal acts.
• Carry out independent assessment of the application and compliance with the established company policies, procedures and regulations.
• Ensure all working papers are completed and in order cross- references, date, work descriptions, clearance and publish reports within the set standards.
• Assist in execution of the external audits as well as examinations to be conducted by government regulatory agencies.
• Assist Head of Internal Audit and Investigation to perform monthly review on capital adequacy and liquidity position of the bank and Bi – Weekly meeting with Internal Audit staff to discuss audit issues, regulatory issues, emerging risks.
• Carry out the procedures outlined in the Internal audit plan under the supervision of a supervisor.
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills and use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
• Follow up on audit recommendation with management.
• Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance or business administration and CPA/ACC A
• Additional professional qualifications such as CFE will be an added advantage
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in a professional audit environment including internal and/or external audit.
Special / Personal Abilities
• Highly developed sense of reliability and correctness
• Excellent trainer, facilitator, mentor and coach
• Innovative and analytical
• Very good planning skills
• Proficient in Micro Soft office applications
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
• Model and demonstrates effective Christian leadership
• About our working environment & remuneration.
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their application letter, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates; detailed CV’s with three referees to vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz
The position should be the subject of the email application. OR through the postal address below.
The Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund Tanzania
Microfinance Bank Limited
P.O. Box 1546,
N.B. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted