MANDATE The core mandate of Machakos University is to Teach, Train, conduct Research, Innovate, Collaborate, generate new knowledge and Community Service. IDENTITY STATEMENT Machakos University is an academic institution committed in transmitting knowledge, skills and attitude through science, Technology and Innovation for the benefit of humanity. VI…
Read more about this company
Senior Legal Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldLaw / Legal
- Must be a holder of LLB degree from a recognized university or equivalent institution
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing license.
- Five (5) years’ working experience.
- Computer literate.
- CPS (K) will be an added advantage.
- Preparing and collecting evidence and exhibition as required in court.
- Liaise with other departments on legal matters.
- Ensure the university operates within the law.
- Participating in development and implementation of University policies.
- Participating in preparation of University regulations.
- Drafting of legal documents, handling cases involving the University in liaison with external lawyers.
- Attending court cases where necessary and coordinating legal matters in the University.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit FIVE (5) HARD COPIES and ONE (1) SOFT COPY of their application documents (i.e application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, latest payslip, academic and professional certificates-including KCSE/KCE/EACE/KACE/EAACE /KCPE) via EMAIL and addressed to email@example.com.
Applicants should also attach copies of their latest payslip and addresses and telephone
numbers of three (3) referees.
NB: KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A MUST THAT YOU TYPE IN THE REQUIRED INFORMATION IN
THE JOB APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE IN THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE, PRINT, SIGN AND
ATTACH TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Applications should be sent to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Planning and Finance)
P.O BOX 136-90100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Machakos University is an equal opportunity employer and women, persons with
disabilities and those from marginalized regions are encouraged to apply