Senior Manager; Energy Power & Utilities Sector
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Banking , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
21 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To lead the Energy, Power & Utilities sector, providing leadership and support to relationship managers within the sector to drive growth across Corporate Banking businesses and providing strategic solutions for the clients. .
• Manage Relationship Managers to ensure that work standards, quality work and budgetary targets are set, achieved and maintained within the sector
• Manage the performance contribution of Relationship Managers through proper performance evaluation and feedback.
• Identifying strengths and development areas and ensuring that Relationship Managers receive the requisite learning and skills development interventions.
• Coach and mentor Relationship Managers.
• Manage the development of prudently priced assets, cost effective short, medium to long-term liability with reputable corporate companies and organizations in order to ensure the Bank’s maximum profitability.
• Support Relationship Managers to gather information and first level review of the credit applications, memos, strategic reports in order to manage Banks and customer expectations
• Maintain high quality of the asset book; ensure excellent performance and maximum returns of all clients within the sector.
• Support Relationship Managers to gather information and first level review of the credit applications in order to manage customer expectations.
• Proactively manage the Energy, Power and Utilities Sector in compliance with the regulatory environment, keeping up with bank’s guidelines, policies and procedures to mitigate financial loss and fraud within the bank.
• Maintain high standards of operational controls including adherence to Risk Management and Compliance guidelines.
• Adhere to high professional standards and strive to provide quality services and competitive pricing by ensuring delivery of sector-leading customer service, premier on-boarding experience and advisory services to new and existing Customers.
• Consult with staff in Risk, Credit, Legal and Compliance to ensure that the Energy, Power & Utilities Sector remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
• Ensure Relationship Managers embed NMB values and code of conduct by ensuring adherence to the highest standards of ethics with relevant policies, processes and regulations.
• Strong Leadership & Management Skills
• Business understanding of bank Energy, Power & Utilities Sector and market segments.
• Strong Credit & products knowledge in Corporate Treasury, Cash Management, Trade Finance etc.
• Knowledge of government policies relating to banking, BOT regulations, bank policies & procedures pertaining to the Energy Power & Utilities Sector
• Corporate Relationship Management, Risk and Credit skills
• Strong analytical & Strategic thinking, planning skills
• Building Positive Working Relationships, Communication, Team player, Facilitating Change, Decision Making, Formal Presentation, Planning & Organizing
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration & Finance.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Business-related field is an added advantage
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience managing client relationships under Corporate Banking
• A minimum of 5 years in a leadership position
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply