MTN Group Limited entered the telecommunications scene at the dawn of South Africa’s democracy, in 1994. In 1998, we began our expansion by acquiring licences in Rwanda, Uganda and Swaziland. Since then, we continued to grow, with a view of bringing world-class telecommunications and digital services to markets across Africa and the Middle East. Throug…
Read more about this company
Senior Manager : Enterprise Region
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- LocationFree State
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
1. Drive EBU revenue growth through retention of existing clients and acquisition of new clients in the regions as per the defined Head office strategy and in partnership with the EBU Head office leadership team
2. To provide focused strategic and operational leadership for the regional team, and responsible for the integrity of MTN Business in the region. Be the primary interface with MTN management, including accountability and authority within the Region. Provide a superior quality service continuously striving to satisfy the needs of our customers.
3. The Senior Regional Manager must have a strong background of the Mobile and ICT market across the SME, Public, Private and Partnerships Sectors, experience in executive-level communication, building customer and partner relationships, territory planning and segmentation and a proven track record of sales excellence.
- Execute the head office strategy customised for the regions
- Provide input the annual business plan
- Translate the operational strategies into operational plans and activities to realise these strategies within the region
- Adopt and align regional strategies with that of MTN Business
Driving profitable Growth for MTN Business
- Increase solution selling by offering clients Value Added Services
- Grow monthly recurring revenue through new acquisitions, cross-sell and upselling
- Achieve current year SOV and Revenue Targets
- Ensure we maximise on existing contract values
- Maintain customer base by ensuring client issues have been resolved
- Manage customer churn (churn reduction)
- Increase ICT penetration with new and existing customers
- Increase uptake of value-added products into customer base
- Increase regional market share
- Lead virtual teams responsible for the delivery of customer success, customer satisfaction.
- Assist the company in shaping the future value proposition by creating unprecedented value and opportunity for defined Mobile and ICT customers.
- Build deep relationships within key customer accounts.
- Sales planning, including developing and execution of business plans, as well as tracking of milestones.
- Forecast, plan, develop and review all budgets for the region in line with MTN SA financial requirements
- Manage operating expenditure in the region in line with agreed budgets
- Identify and eliminate non-contributory expenditure.
- Communication and co-ordination
- Develop and maintain efficient and effective co-ordination and interworking between planning and implementation teams in the region and between regional and central functions
- Ensure effective troubleshooting procedures are in place and utilised by skilled and motivated resources across the region
- Develop the matrix reporting and management practices in the region to be successful
- Develop, maintain and nurture a sound working relationship between the regional Enterprise division and all other associated parties, both within the company and externally.
- Ensure vendor interaction is managed appropriately
- Submit reports to designated management, as per the standing instructions.
- Interface with MTN Business leaders and attend monthly meetings with other Regional and BU Heads
Focus on providing exceptional Client Experience
- Ensure delivery of exceptional client experience as per client services charter and SLA’s/OLA’s
- Conduct regular surveys to monitor Client satisfaction
- Critically evaluate and optimise Fulfilment, Assurance and Billing environment for the region.
- Champion Billing issues resolution
- Champion Customer Fulfilment and Assurance resolution
- Create good inter-departmental relations
- Motivating and developing all regional staff
- Ensuring a Culture of Operational excellence
- Planning and Delivery of a business plan
- Alignment of all activities undertaken in the region
- Achieve sales forecast accuracy
- Provide input into reviewing organisational activities and assist in recommending corrective actions if necessary
- Provide feedback on the impact of solutions on other areas of the business, as well as the interdependency of units
- Ensure continuous improvement and innovation at process and procedure level within All MTN Business operational departments
- Implement methods, systems and procedures to enhance effectiveness and meet departmental goals
- Operations and service enhancement
- Input into the Sales strategy and the implementation thereof
- Define, implement and input into identifying ways to fine-tune operational support methods to enhance effectiveness and meet departmental goals
- Identify and evaluate areas of improvement within the Sales department, identifying possible solutions to address deficiencies and implementing according to plan
- Ensure that all performance and key performance area standards of the function are monitored and tracked
- Analyse and interpret all data that interfaces directly with the division and report to the GM
- Implement operational analysis on sales structures that support the delivery of strategy
- Implement the quality standard frameworks and ensure that high levels of quality service are maintained and that all areas operate as close to global best practice as possible
- Identify relevant information and data for reporting purposes during departmental meetings
- Identify and interpret relevant information and data for reporting purposes
- Make assessments of and draw solutions from qualitative data. Make logical deductions and draw conclusions that can be motivated
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports on all activities of the section to the GM.
- Feedback on any customer issues as soon as they arise and resolve
- Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
- Collate and manage the budget for the region.
- Manage suppliers/contractors relationship to ensure deliverable are achieved in timely and cost effective period
- Management of direct reports
- Monitor and co-ordinate work of direct reports
- Provide technical, procedural and policy guidance
- Evaluate performance (conduct performance appraisals)
- Transfer knowledge and skills
- Knowledge transfer programme
- Manage staff KPA’s.
- Minimum of 4 year tertiary qualification – 4 year tertiary qualification in Commerce (Financial /Marketing / Communication) or related and
- MBA / Masters Advantageous
- Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Min of 5 years Sales/Regional management experience within a sales led organization that includes Sales managers, Key account managers, Account managers and Systems engineers.
- Sales experience with Mobile and ICT and specific examples of closing large, strategic deals.
- Must have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process.
- Strategic technical knowledge, and can succeed as a leader and mentor in a demanding and rewarding sales environment.
- Strong sales leadership skills in a team environment.
- Requires understanding of Mobile and ICT buying cycles.
- Developing customer relationships.
- Understanding a broad range of company technologies and offering is required
- Strong skills in competitive sales and protecting the installed base as well as creating new opportunities is essential
- Ability to understand customer needs and vision from a customer management perspective, match it against the full breadth of the company’s value proposition, and position it in a powerful way in order to generate budgets and close deals.
- Must have the ability to deliver business value to the account and build on customer relationships.
- A solid sales track record (performance against target)
- Comprehensive administrator experience with setting targets, providing forecasts and other general management reports