Rosebank 30 Baker Street
Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
- The role may include capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of Oracle database solutions
- Administration and management of databases in non-production and production environments
- Provide technical expertise on the installation, setup and configuration of databases, including Oracle appliances
- Pro-active monitoring of databases both from a performance and capacity management perspective and troubleshoot problems that may arise
- Instance creation, backup and recovery procedure implementation and performance tuning
- Ensure all database environments are up to date with the latest service packs, patch releases & security fixex
- Collaborate with application developers and operations/support teams in a fast-paced environment
- Deploy database changes and additions and comply with internal governance procedures
- Management of privileged OS and database accounts in adherence to internal processes.
- Perform Disaster Recovery exercises as directed by the BCM processes
- Resolve incidents and problems and escalate 3rd level support requirements to 3rd party support contractor(s) and coordinate support provision
- Maintain run books for database administration and maintenance tasks utilising deployment- and maintenance guides
- Support Operational Controls processes (Audits, Risk and DR & BCM governance, business processes improvements, performance management, finance and business management), supply requested information and implement corrective actions as applicable
- Translate requirements into a workable, integrated, and sustainable architecture solution
- 24×7 Availability to cover 24×7 assistance in case it is requested
- Setup alerts and threshold criteria for Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Understand and participate in the Agile methodology of workload management
- Development experience of shell/bash scripts, SQL and PL/SQL
- Java or PHP skills would be advantageous
- Verifiable DevOps exposure
- Ability to demonstrate Devops capability in a working environment or specific examples to improve administration activity
- Demonstrated ability to implement, configure and customize Oracle database and Linux platform monitoring solutions (eg. Oracle Management Cloud, Nagios, etc)
- Monitor and address database machine alerts eg, disk or component failure
- Monitor and Manage InfiniBand
- Platinum Gateway administration
- Understanding of networks and networking terminologies
- Regular performance analysis on ZFS appliances.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Oracle Certified Professional (12c or later)
- Oracle Exadata Certified
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification would be advantageous
- BTech, IT/Computer science degree or diploma
- Internally share experiences with the rest of the team, which could impact positively the overall results of the team and the quality of the services the team is delivering
- Experience in Exadata Cell administration
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle database appliance server deployments.
- Working experience on Linux/UNIX based operating systems
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of database queries, database theory and database design
- Knowledge about the RDBMS itself, e.g. Oracle.
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), e.g. SQL/PSM, Transact-SQL, PL SQL
- Understanding of distributed computing architectures, e.g. Client–server model
- Understanding of operating systems, e.g. Windows and Linux
- Understanding of storage technologies and networking
- Understanding of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling fail over of a database
- Database administrators benefit from a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in computer science. An associate degree or a certificate may be sufficient with work experience.
- Understanding of a mix of cloud services and cloud types ie. Public, Private and Hybrid. Needs to know how to manage these multicould environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud-based Linux servers in areas such as:
- Setting up architecture
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za