Senior Portfolio Technical Advisor
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Computer Software , Category: Computer & IT ]
Deadline of this Job:
12 AUGUST 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Work closely with the Director of Programs, specific project managers and other project staff to understand respective program/project portfolio goals and develop work plans that meet expectations.
Program Implementation and Capacity Development:
• Provide technical guidance and assistance both within project team and externally to guide the development and implementation of interventions designed to improved quality of services offered
• Execute activities in timely manner, including proactively and creatively managing problems that arise and anticipating ways to avoid them
• Lead/ manage implementation of trainings, meetings, supportive supervision visits, etc., as necessary, and continually reflect on experiences and suggest and implement improvements.
• Contribute to the continued evolution of a positive and collaborative team culture that affirms diversity, equity and inclusion
• Engage fully as a member of the Tanzania Pathfinder team, including participating in staff meetings and other Pathfinder events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
• Undertake all activities in full compliance with standard operating procedures, donor policies and regulations, and Tanzanian laws and Pathfinder policies and procedures
• Prepares AYSRH policy analyses, recommendations, policy briefs, and assessments for Pathfinder programs.
• Other duties as assigned
New Business Development:
• Contributes to the go / no go decisions and participates in the development of intake forms
• Actively participates in proposal development and provides technical contribution and leadership in their technical area, in response to government, foundation and donor solicitation.
• Work with Government of Tanzania, other NGOs and stakeholders to improve quality of services to the benefit of Tanzanians.
Human Resources Management:
• Assist in the selection, training and support of qualified program staff.
• Develop work plans in line with financial pipelines, Director of Programs, Finance team and Admin/ HR and procurement to plan and procure supplies within program budgets and Ensure compliance with donor regulations
• Optimally use financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables, and targets
• Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies, consider security implications of all program activities, reviewing all new initiatives with program staff
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
• Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
• Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using Kiswahili and English language.
• Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
• Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
• Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be details-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters.
• Flexibility to travel, when necessary, to support field operations
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, open-structure, multicultural environment and effectively handle competing time and resource demands for self and others.
Pathfinder’s commitment to safeguarding:
• In accordance with the mission and values of Pathfinder, all organizational representatives are responsible
• for promoting respect for fundamental human rights, social justice, human dignity, and the rights of all
• people to exist free from fear and stigma. In connection with these principles, Pathfinder is committed to
• safeguarding project participants, which means protecting them from abuse or exploitation perpetrated by
• a Pathfinder representative. Abuse refers to physical, sexual, emotional, economic, or psychological actions
• or threats of actions that could harm another person. Exploitation is abuse in which someone uses, or
• attempts to use, of a position of power or trust to emotionally, physically, or sexually abuse someone. It is
• also considered exploitation to profit monetarily, socially, or politically from this type of abuse, even if you
• are not the direct perpetrator. Abuse and exploitation encompass a wide range of behaviors (bullying,
• harassment, sexual exploitation, etc.
• Pathfinder recognizes that some groups may be particularly vulnerable to abuse and exploitation due to
• power imbalances. This includes, but is not limited to, children (people under the age of 18), young people,
• women and girls, vulnerable adults such as those living with disability or food insecurity, and those who are
• a member of a marginalized group in their society.
• Pathfinder’s organizational safeguarding commitment outlines the obligation of
• Pathfinder representatives to comply with this policy at all times —both during and outside of working
Instructions to apply:
• Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application letter, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on August 10th, 2022. Applications should be addressed to the Director for Human Resources and Administration, Pathfinder International, PO Box 77991, Dar es Salaam and applied through this link by stating the position being applied for in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
• Masters or better in Public Health or related field.
5-10 years: Experienced in working in performance management, strategic decision-making, and project learning.
5-10 years: Experienced in tactfully handling many complex issues, including sensitive negotiations with senior ranking members of the Government of Tanzania.
5-10 years: Significant experience in Tanzania, including experience working in the Tanzanian health sector such as with the President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), Ministry of Health (MoH), and other relevant key Ministries.
5-10 years: An extensive experience and knowledge in proposal preparation/ management /coordinating for US government-funded opportunities.
5 years: 5+ years of experience in Project portfolio management aligning projects with an organization’s strategic direction, making the best use of limited resources, and building synergies between projects to increase value to an organization
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure