|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Human settlements – Built environment management
Senior professional officer – Bulk services coordination
TCOE salary commencing from: R840,607 per annum – Ref no: HSM 23/20 – Cape Town Civic Centre
- A relevant BSc/BTech degree in civil engineering
- Professional registration with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) OR Registration with the South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP) would be advantageous
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in civil engineering/project management/construction management environment
- The incumbent would be required to be physically fit and able-bodied to be able to travel to sites and perform the required functions
- Knowledge of Municipal policies, procedures and relevant legislations
- Valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Providing guidance and specialist advice to Senior Management on strategic direction in the Bulk Infrastructure Management portfolio
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with internal and external bulk infrastructure stakeholders to facilitate alignment of future human settlements projects
- Technical assessments and evaluations of projects to ensure integrated services needs are aligned to human settlements and proposed housing projects
- Coordinating, monitoring, reviewing and reporting of actual progress against individual project plans, programme and expenditure in order to ensure that quality assurance and progress is continuously measured for completion of projects on time and within budget
- Providing support to the Programme Manager to oversee the successful implementation of the City’s technical aspect of the Urban Settlements Development Grant (USDG), Human Settlements Development Grant (HSDG) and Informal Settlements Upgrade Partnership Grant (ISUPG) Programmes
- Ensuring all projects/programmes technically comply with HSDG policy framework, Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA), Division of Revenue Act (DORA) and all relevant legislation
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting of Human Settlement’s Grant Project performance against planned project targets in line with grant output goals.
Closing date: 4 December 2020
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.