Reporting to: Senior Project Officer
Required Travel: The position will require travel (80%).
Supervisory: Project Officers
Reports to: Technical lead HIV& Health Services
Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT) is a voluntary charitable nongovernmental organization, registered in Kenya as a non-profit organization in 1993. AMURT has implemented over 22 projects countrywide and has supported and worked with local communities, local administration and organizations offering development services. AMURT’s focus areas are emergency relief, OVC support, education, health care, income generation and capacity building, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, TB control, Nutrition, WASH and Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) in 9 counties. AMURT is located in Central region, Nyanza region, Samburu County and Coastal region of Kenya.
AMURT recently won an award for KENYA HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS FOR QUALITY SERVICES (KHPQS)-OVC/DREAMS program, and seeks to recruit the following positions based in Mombasa and Kilifi Counties.
Senior Project Officer – HIV and Health – will provide guidance to Project teams and local implementing partners in Mombasa and Kilifi counties on HIV care and treatment, ensuring effective linkage of children, adolescents, and parents or caregivers living with HIV to clinical and community-based services. S/he will also provide guidance in achieving the UNAIDS 95-95-95 objectives in support of Tujitegemee work serving HIV infected and affected OVC and their caregivers. S/he will support the provision of HIV and health services in line with the family-centered, strengths-based case management approach and ensure project participants receive quality direct services and referrals based on their needs to achieve resilience in the health domain.
- Support County teams and local implementing partners in their efforts to collect and analyze HIV and health related project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Support county MEAL team and partners to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Strengthen county teams on the provision of HIV and health services via training, mentoring, and coaching. Monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented in line with project guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate provision of logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Ensure effective documentation of project activities in line with agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nursing, or in the field of Social Work is required. A Master’s degree in Public Health would be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in clinical background in HIV treatment, PMTCT, or adolescent HIV, including experience in project support.
- Knowledge or prior experience in HIV and social services for OVC and AGYW
- Experience implementing and/or monitoring PEPFAR programs.
- Experience in facilitation, participatory action planning and/or community engagement.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
How to apply
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to email@example.com by 25th March 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”