247 Food Limited – The largest Food and Grocery online marketplace that offers both Wholesale and Retail Services across a wide range of Food and Groceries products with a delivery mandate of range between same day and a maximum of 48 hours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Purchasing & Operations Officer
Location: Airport Road, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Senior Purchasing & Operations Officer to buy products and negotiate deals with vendors on behalf of our company and ecommerce platform.
- You will review prices and quality and ensure appropriate, competitive and profitability pricing.
- Responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.)
- For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers.
- Ultimately, you will create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time. It is compulsory to have hands-on experience in food, fast food/restaurants and FMCG industry.
- Coordinate delivery of items and ensure prompt attention to orders and prompt delivery
- Must be very energetic and willing to work Saturdays
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Responsible for pricing of products on the website & ensure competitive pricing.
- Respond to enquiries about products and discounts
- Review quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
- Maintain records of vendors and transactions
- Activate proactive plans to ensure quick processing of clients’ order
- Ensure prompt delivery to clients
- Manage relationships with logistics and delivery partners
Requirements and Skills
- B.Sc in a related field
- 5 – 10 years work experience
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent, Logistics or similar role
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Experience in food, fast food/restaurants and FMCG industry.
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Energetic and willing to work on Saturdays.
N100,000 – N120,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.