ACI Worldwide, the Universal Payments (UP) company,powers electronic payments for more than 5,100 organizations around the world. More than 1,000 of the largest financial institutions and intermediaries as well as thousands of leading merchants globally rely on ACI to execute $14 trillion each day in payments. In addition, thousands of organizations utilize …
Read more about this company
Senior Technical Training Instructor
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 – 10 years
- LocationWestern Cape
- CityCape Town
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Responsible for maintaining an in depth working knowledge of two or more ACI products and possessing the ability to conduct technical product education courses for customers. Fosters a collaborative working environment with the Technical Course Developer and Technical Training Instructor to create new course modules. Maintains existing course modules and conducts classes which present this information to ACI customers, both internal and external. Acts as a technical expert within the department. Uses data from a variety of sources to analyze needs and designs customized training solutions. Delivers training using various learning methodologies while ensuring learning outcome by checking for understand and skill acquisition. Leads group to identify training gaps within the product set. Acts as a lead resource in project planning, new hire training, release updates, and coordination of customer education projects.
A typical day at ACI for a Sr. Technical Training Instructor is:
- Presents product/solution information utilizing instructor led course materials to the ACI customer base for two or more products.
- Knowledge of the software applications, network operations and system configuration is expected.
- Exhibits strong presentation and training skills and a positive, professional image to the customer base while conducting classes.
- Creates and updates course materials as required for new software releases, new products, fixes, customer feedback and new material as identified.
- Evaluates enhancements and/or updates to the product software to determine impact to existing education materials and networks.
- Leads the design, development, testing and delivery of high quality software/solutions with limited direction from the project lead and/or manager.
- Proactively keeps abreast of product/solutions changes as a result of fixes, new releases, customer projects and software development methodology changes. Maintains a close working relationship with product/project development groups
- Configures, maintains, and enhances education networks, demo and test systems.
- Provides assistance and training to other education analysts in this area as required.
- Continues to deepen professional knowledge through education, seminars, training and literature.
- Acquires feedback on all courses conducted, leads cross-functional round tables to gather information for future requirements for products; will anticipate and promote customer needs for training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and Adhere to all Corporate Policies to include but not limited to ACI Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience needed to succeed in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Communication, or equivalent experience.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in design, development, implementation and assessment of learning curriculum
- Skilled facilitator of virtual and classroom technical training.
- Knowledge of eLearning design methodologies and practices.
- Expert level in writing content for interactive web applications.
- Deep knowledge of Captivate and Articulate authoring software packages.
You are a solid fit for this position if you also have:
- Java development experience is beneficial
- Master’s degree preferred