- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience6 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
We are looking for a strong engineering manager who is seeking more impact and is excited about delivering fast paced, constant updates to our customers. You will have the chance to collaborate across teams to bring the best experience and capabilities to our customers and manage smart, motivated engineers with a positive attitude and growth mindset. Our Africa Development Center team plays a key role in two related projects: Windows Admin Center and Windows Server Containers. Windows Admin Center has grown to become the single graphical management plane, and primary User Experience for anyone servicing or managing Windows Servers and clusters. Since its release in 2008 it has grown to having hundreds of thousands of users managing millions of servers and clusters around the world.
Being an agile, web-based application gives the team the flexibility to deliver on a faster than Windows basis and drive customer experience at a pace that surprises many teams, allowing us to reach out to our customers and react to them and their needs faster than ever before. Meanwhile, our Windows Server Containers offering has been growing in popularity and we need to integrate Windows containers as a first-class citizen in open-source projects like Kubernetes. You will work with the partner teams to build the “bridge tooling” alongside the community to close the gap between Windows and cloud native technologies.
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of diverse software engineers
- Drive execution of feature work through the whole software development lifecycle
- Collaborate across boundaries (internally and externally) to create a seamless product that delights our customers
- Work with the PM team to prioritize, estimate, and schedule feature work to meet the highest-priority demands on Windows Admin Center and Windows Server Containers
- Identify and implement engineering best practices. Drive Live Site culture within the organization to ensure services truly delight our customers
- Hire great talent and help meet career aspirations of all engineers on your team
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of engineers by setting clear expectations, keeping team members energized, and delivering great results.
- 3+ years of experience writing code in C/C++, C#, Angular, and/or TypeScript
- Strong partnership, communication, and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to impact/influence engineering and project teams.
- Strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles and architecture design balanced with understanding the business solutions needed.
- A passion for improving and designing engineering practices and for Engineering Excellence which delight customers.
- Track record of mentoring and growing engineers.
- Ability to deliver results despite ambiguity in the requirements and the environment.