The 1st Steiner-Waldorf Kindergarten opened in 1998… …in a small house along the Magadi Road on the outskirts of Nairobi. It was led by 3 teachers from Germany (Florian, Vojko and Irmgard). The following year the school moved to Mbagathi extending the kindergarten to a 1st Grade primary class. The Mbagathi Steiner school continues to run successfully…
Read more about this company
Special Needs Education Coordinator
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldEducation / Teaching
Reporting To: The Pedagogical Chair
Application Deadline: 12th March 2021
Job Purpose: The Learning Support Coordinator will work closely with learning support teachers and regular teachers to support student learning and serve as the Coordinator of the Kolisko Group.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identifying and assessing children with special needs and referring them for further assessment where possible.
- Collaborating with teachers to develop a team teaching model in class which meets the needs of all students
- Communicating, updating, and consulting with staﬀ and parents regarding relevant learning support programs/ topics.
- Liaising with outside agencies such as educational psychologist where necessary to refer our learners to seek any assistance where need be.
- Creating and maintaining a regular system of monitoring, assessing, record keeping, and reporting of the learner’s progress.
- Delivering effective communication to parents and stakeholders on school program, student achievements, and behavior.
- Assisting with learner’s assessment during recruitment, admission, and enrollment.
- Developing and implementing Individual Education Programs (IEPs).
- Supporting class teachers in the implementation of personalized learning models.
- Working closely with class teachers and learning support teachers to ensure the learners support services are harmonized, coherent, and mutually supportive to meet the needs of the learner.
- Coordinating the Kolisko Group, the school’s learning support team.
- Organizing and delivering staﬀ development training to learning support teachers and the Kolisko Group.
- Organizing and chairing learners centered review and assessment as appropriate.
- Participating in staﬀ, parent, and student meetings.
- Any other assigned duties.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Needs Education or equivalent
- Must be registered with TSC
- Certified Teaching Certificate
- Certificate in Waldorf Education is an added advantage
- Minimum of Five (5) years professional experience in a similar role
Required Skills and Competences
- Special needs training
- Experience in learning support programs
- Ability to create Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Computer literate
- A certificate in Waldorf Education is an added advantage
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma teaching experience an added advantage
- Possess effective communication skills and relate well with all students, teachers, and support staff
- Ability to work to deadlines while maintaining a standard of excellence and attention to detail
- Display patience, flexibility, stress tolerance, independent initiative, and enthusiasm
- Demonstrate leadership skills, cooperation, and the ability to work on a team
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and meet the above qualifications, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title (e’g Physics / Biology Teacher) on the subject line by Friday the 12th March, 2021
Kindly coppy email@example.com for Music / English OR Music / French Teacher position
The Nairobi Waldorf School Trust (NWST) is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.