Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in many of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldDriving
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation, seeks applications from qualified candidates for a Stand – By Driver in its Project Office in Nanyuki, Laikipia County.
Responsibilities of the Stand-By Driver
- The incumbent is responsible for undertaking extensive field travel in the SNV area of work and others as duty may require, ensuring safety of passengers on board.
- Maintaining the proper functioning of SNV vehicles
- Checking validity of statutory legal documents in the car
- He/she is also responsible for taking care of the assigned vehicle(s) by carrying out small (mechanical) repairs and servicing of the SNV transport fleet, which also includes fuelling, cleaning.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always safely parked, is only used for SNV duties, and ready for any duty assigned
- Keep an updated work ticket always
- Monitor vehicle performance and service schedule
- Record mileage of all journeys daily and in the monthly report
- Carry out messenger duties in and around town
- Any other task that they may be assigned
- “O” level certificate holder
- 5 years’ driving experience with international companies, organizations or institutions
- A clean, valid Kenyan Driver’s license with knowledge of Kenya Highway Code
- Certificate of good conduct
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.