Job Title: Steward-Kisumu (Locum)
Vacancy no: AKHK/HCD/L/004
The successful candidate will ensure clean, safe and infection free environment by sanitizing utensils, equipment, surfaces floors and windows.
- Clean cafeterias, kitchen, offices, and hallways by sweeping, washing, mopping, and dusting to maintain a clean, sanitary, and tidy environment as directed by the department team leader/supervisor/manager
- Collecting, and removal of garbage, Weighing and disposal of food waste and trash in the designated areas as per the cleaning and sanitation standards of the department
- Disassemble, clean, sanitize and store patient trays including all dirty dishes from the wards, cafeteria, and functions
- Monitoring and ensuring that all chemical solution (i.e. precept) requirements are met, for infection control
- Certificate in institutional management/ Food and beverage service techniques
- Minimum 1 year working experience
- Knowledge of the HACCP system is an advantage
- Good communication skills
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and vacancy number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29thJanuary 2021.
- The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g. “PATIENT ATTENDANT AKHK/NDPA/L/001”
- Do state the preferred outreach in your application letter
- Positions that have the word Kisumu at the end e.g. “cook-Kisumu” means that the available locum is only for our Kisumu facility.
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination, or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”