Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna has almost 40,000 employees who service over 80 million customer relationships around the world. Within its international division, a dedicated unit – headquartered in Belgium – focuses on the needs of International…
Read more about this company
Supervisor – Nairobi Care Team
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
As supervisor you are responsible for a team of approximately 12 employees. Your role will be to:
- Motivate individuals and team collectively to achieve agreed work output targets covering productivity, quality and customer/provider satisfaction
- Recommend and implement innovative strategies to improve efficiency and provide excellent customer service.
- Be proactive in identifying improvement/enhancement opportunities and active in seeking and sharing ideas for innovation in business processes within the Integrated Health Team and other operations; recommend and implement innovative strategies to improve efficiency within the pre-authorisation and care coordination process and provide excellent customer service, including to members, clients, but also health care providers.
- Ensure strong employee engagement within the team, including day to day oversight, motivation, conflict management, training, well being and performance.
- Ensure appropriate performance management actions are taken.
- Proactively address and/or escalate any risks.
- Develop/maintain proactive/effective business relationships, both internally and externally to ensure a seamless delivery of service. Actively encourage all team members to do likewise.
- Produce, review and interpret reporting and data in line with formats and timescales agreed with management, including trending and enhancement activities with quantification of operational impacts.
- Be the key focal point for the implementation of new clients and/or procedures, as well as being a contact for clients/members, including hosting (potential) clients and presenting our services to them.
- Minimum of two years experience in an operational team.
- Active language knowledge of at least English; any additional language is a plus.
- Experience and/or interest in coaching, managing, developing and motivating individuals.
- Experience in complaint management – with a proven track record in improving customer service standards.
- A growth mindset with a positive attitude towards change and the ability to play an active role in implementing change initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: strong empathy and listening skills.
- Competency to build a team and create an atmosphere of positive collaboration, innovation and creative solutioning among the team members.
- Action-orientated problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisation, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Able to seek out best practice in order to effectively deal with diverse, complex and highly sensitive issues.
- Personal flexibility and adaptable to change.
- Results oriented– ability to define goals, establish plans and manage work to achieve desired outcomes. Creates meaningful business related metrics and tracks progress/results.
- Accountability – assumes ownership for achieving personal results and collective goals