BENTELER is a global, family-owned company serving customers in automotive technology, the energy sector and mechanical engineering. As innovative partner, we design, produce and distribute safety-relevant products, systems and services. Our portfolio encompasses components and modules for the automotive industry, in the areas of chassis, body, engine and…
Read more about this company
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
- Job TypeFull Time
- LocationNot specified
- CityPort Elizabeth
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
At BENTELER, we make it possible. From promoting individual talents to international career prospects, or providing opportunities for growing your career to personal development —at BENTELER, we always have answers to your questions about the future, based entirely on your personal needs. Diverse options that makes sure you can be anything and everything. Or, as we like to put it: BENTELER makes it happen!
- GRADE 12: Mechanical or Production Engineering or other correlate engineering course
- Advanced Excel
- Knowledge SAP QM module
- Knowledge Automotive Quality Core Tools
- APQP knowledge and experience
- VDA 6.3 certification is a positive differential
- Experience in Automotive Business and specific Supplier Quality or Quality areas with experience in APQP, problem solving and audit
- Develop new suppliers, meeting the request of the purchasing area and development and launch meetings (ongoing projects), verifying the audit items such as: manufacturing process, quality system, engineering process, purchasing, among others, and evidencing the non-conformities found, with the objective of giving the technical opinion to the management of the area and the applicant.
- Audit the processes of current suppliers, preparing the audit schedule, verifying the processes of receipt and shipment of the product, evidencing the conformities and non-conformities found, validating the action plan prepared by the supplier and monitoring compliance with the same, as well as informing purchases of suppliers unsatisfactory, aiming at continuous improvement and compliance with specific procedures.
- Performer the complete APQP for new parts or engineering change request and approval of PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) for the parts produced by suppliers, scheduling a visit for evaluation and approval of the items involved, releasing and attaching the relevant documents in the electronic system (SAP), in order to meet the requirements of customers and protect BENTELER from future problems.
- Visit suppliers that present specific problems of quality and logistics, evaluating the occurrences on site, planning a visit to the supplier, evaluating the action plan prepared by the supplier and monitoring compliance, in order to meet BENTELER’s needs.
- Be the guardian and follow the BENTELER Supplier Quality Procedures