Dangote Cement in Tanzania With about 500 million tonnes of limestone reserves, enough for 149 years, the plant is capable of producing large amounts of high-quality 32.5 and 42.5 grade cements to meet local market needs at competitive prices, as well as surrounding export markets by sea. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct surface surveys to identify the characteristics of potential land or mining development site
• Conduct initial survey, risk assessment and environmental impact assessment for potential sites to assess whether plans are workable
• Implement and monitor the development of the mines
• Conduct quarterly survey on stocks, pit and reject dump.
• Monitor reject dump for any change to the plan submitted to the ministry and advice the head section and head of department accordingly.
• Design, develop and implement computer applications for use in mining operations such as mines design, modelling or mapping or for monitoring mines conditions.
• Prepare and monitor the execution of yearly excavation plan.
• Examine maps, deposits, drilling locations or mines to determine the location, size, accessibility, contents, value and potential profitability of deposits.
• Implement and coordinating mining plans and safety program
• Prepare technical reports for use by mining, engineering and management personnel
• Ascertain and prepare quarterly report on the mining boundaries and title deeds of the company.
Job Skills : Not Specified
• Holder of Bachelor of Science in Geomatics or any related discipline.
• At least 5 years of working experience in relevant position.
• (Working experience in open pit mines will add an advantage)
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application Procedure visit: CLICK TO APPLY