Teacher – Early Childhood
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Teachers & Education ]
Deadline of this Job:
22 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Kigamboni , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER
On behalf of a client who runs a reputable school in Kigamboni, we are looking for Teacher – Early Childhood to work in Kigamboni. The desired candidate should have at least 2 years of experience and either Certificate or Diploma in Early Childhood Development. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Organizes and provides developmentally appropriate early childhood education programs; plans and implements curriculum and education for children of up to six yearsof age.
• Provides activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
• Plans and prepares classroom setting; oversees safety and educational programs; supervises children in the classroom; provides a supportive environment in which children can learn and practice appropriate and acceptable individual and group behaviors.
• Interacts with parents and community groups; maintains open and cooperative communication with parents and families, encouraging their involvement in the program and supporting the child’s family relationships.
• Writes and compiles individual assessments of each child’s development; completes daily inventories, child attendance, and related reports.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Either a Certificate or Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
• Knowledge of early childhood education programs and techniques.
• Knowledge of child development theory and practice.
• Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
• Ability to provide activities for children that encourage healthy growth.
• Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline.
• Knowledge of applicable safety procedures.
• Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
Qualifications and Experience
• Post-graduate degree in social development; economics or a related field with additional training in social protection.
• Recommended 5 years of experience focussed on social protection programming, including at the policy engagement level.
• Knowledge of current global and regional debates on social protection.
• Experience working closely with government stakeholders to support the strengthening of social protection schemes and systems.
• Demonstrated ability to provide direct capacity strengthening to government stakeholders to support the building of national social protection schemes and systems.
• Experience negotiating with government and donors, including trying to influence processes and outcomes.
• Prior experience in assessment, design and implementation of social protection schemes, and/or humanitarian cash and voucher programmes.
• Experience in building and monitoring shock responsive safety net pilots.
• Ability to extensively travel for project monitoring and provide on-site technical support to field teams
• Ability to link micro-level impacts on children with macro trends at national and regional level.
• Strong analytic and planning skills.
• Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, present and negotiate clearly and effectively with a variety of audiences.
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
• Proven representation skills.
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Proven ability in working in insecure or hardship environments and to work under tight deadlines.
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively to field sites and work independently.
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
• Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply