- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Reporting To: Manager – Mortgage Sales
Overall Job Purpose
The Team Leader Sales – Auctioned and Bank Repurchased Properties will be responsible for the Team leadership and management of sales to ensure attainment of set business targets, growth of Balance sheet and Maximizing profit and team productivity.
- Growth of Balance i.e. Nyumba yangu Accounts HFDI sales, Auction, Mortgage etc.
- Lending: Quality of business
- Develop micro market sales plans to achieve responsive sales budgets/targets.
- Gain a sound understanding of the different local market segments in the area of operation.
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in the local market/area.
- Manage the sales tracking system and provide coaching and feedback to the team.
- Ensure execution of pipelines generated from the team.
- Ensure that customer service standards are set and maintained in line with the requirements of each market segment.
- Ensure that customer complaints are monitored, trends and root causes identified and addressed at source to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel.
- Customer retention (attrition ratios)
- Supervise the development of a call program for all clients in your region
- Review the call program to ensure that its followed with call reports generated per visit for effective follow-up
- Ensure the team attend to customer banking needs in a timely manner and manage their expectations.
- Directing, motivating and developing staff so as to ensure the team succession plan for team continuity is in place
- Ensure that team bring and maintain quality Loans.
- Ensure that the Team assigned team strictly adhere to banks operating procedures & policies to ensure all controls are observed.
- Ensure team assigned comply with AML/KYC guidelines in customer recruitments.
- Review of compliance/Audit reports for the team assigned with the quest to ensure that corrective action & recommendations are addressed
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank’s laid-down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control.
- •Knowledge of the Retail Banking value proposition.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Area sales and service strategies.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of local target market profiles.
- Thorough knowledge of the products and services applicable to the local market/s.
- Knowledge of the socio-political and economic dynamics affecting the local market/s.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of Managing Local Market sales principles.
- Knowledge of business economics and financial management principles and practice.
- Knowledge of risk management and credit principles, including an understanding of the terms and conditions of sanction.
- Knowledge of branch accounting and transactional procedures, systems and processes.
- Knowledge of Human Resources management principles, including group dynamics.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree holder from a recognized University
- MBA in a business related field an added advantage
- 3-5 years banking experience 2 of which must have been in Sales
- People management.
- Knowledge of Property market is an added advantage
Key Competencies and Skills
- Computer /IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office applications e.g. Word; Excel; PowerPoint etc.
- General knowledge in banking processes\
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to respond to inquiries or complaints effectively and timely.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organization, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Basic analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail; must have eye for details, strong ability to scrutinize and examine.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines